cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Downgrade Asus ROG G750JX to Windows 7

aidilashari
Level 7
I am nubie. whether to downgrade asus rog g750jx windows 8 to windows 7 because there are several reasons to use windows 7...
5 REPLIES 5

Greatwhitewing
Level 7
aidilashari wrote:
I am nubie. whether to downgrade asus rog g750jx windows 8 to windows 7 because there are several reasons to use windows 7...

There is very limited rights to downgrade. I think you need the professional version.

if all drivers support in windows 7 for example ACHI driver...?

kaltoreth
Level 8
I might be wrong, but since you have UEFI bios, you have to disable secure boot etc to install Windows 7 from USB / DVD.

I really, REALLY suggest you use Asus Backtracker and backup your factory partition so that if you decided to go back to factory OS (With apps, programs, drivers, W8.1 etc - You can). Backtracker is great, just buy a 8gb or larger USB for this.
Everybody remember where we parked.
-James Kirk, Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home, after landing the cloaked Klingon bird of prey in Golden Gate park

..and yes, I drive an electric car yo.

kaltoreth, I have tested but not succsesful because I'm don't have ACHI driver for Asus Rog G750

Darnassus
Status Under Review
You need a 16GB USB. By the way. Also another 4GB USB if you want for all the drivers you currently have installed.

Although I think drivers are also backed up in the main BackTracker, not sure.

To 'downgrade' all you need is a Windows 7 Disc, disable UEFI and Secure Boot in the BIOS, but yes, getting all the drivers for the 7 is the tricky part.

Also, you need to ensure 'Trim' is enabled for your SSD.