cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odd sleep/power issue with Maximus VI Formula

Cypherus
Level 7
Hi All,

My machine functioned normally for several months, then an odd issue emerged. When I put my machine to sleep, it will not resume, the power LEDs and fans come on, then off, then on, then the machine power cycles as if it had been shut off completely. I am then greeted with the typical "Windows did not shut down properly" dialogue. It also does this odd 2-3 on-off cycle when cold booting from a shutdown.

I've tried updating and re-installing all of my drivers, messing with bios settings, removing all USB devices and am still experiencing the issue. If any of you have some suggestions, or have even seen this before, please let me know.

Thank you for any input!
2 REPLIES 2

PerpetualCycle
Level 13
Did you enable VRM spread spectrum by chance? My Hero VI did this with it enabled. It doesn't work.

ROG Hero XIII | 10900k @5.2 GHz | g.skill 2x32GB 4200 CL18 | ROG Strix 2070S | EK Nucleus 360 Dark | 6TB SSD/nvme, 16TB external HDD | 2x 1440p | Vanatoo speakers with Klipsch sub | Fractal Meshify 2 case

Hi There, I tried with VRM spread spectrum both enabled and disabled. The issue persists either way :(.