cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Noob Question but please answer it for me.

Retired
Not applicable
I had G74sx bbk version, and i had Samsung SSD swap and installed fresh new windows 7. I installed all drivers asus application. Then, while update the BIOS202(did it wrong way, just downloaded and installed with ASUS updater). The computer just died(No BIOS Screen even with stock HHD). The power still worked. Anyway, I sent the laptop in (I took out the samsung SSD and put stock HHD) and it's coming back tomorrow. Can i just swap out to SSD and turn on? or do i have to format and reinstall it?
In my mind, since it was just Bios problem, and not hard drive, i think it would work fine. But whtat do i know?

Anyone can tell me what should i do? I don't want to reinstall window, but also don't want to kill laptop again, I am going to uninstall ASUS updater from SSD soon as i get chance to.

Help~
2 REPLIES 2

Retired
Not applicable
Putting SSD should work okay; but I would do the reinstall. Better to start things with a clean slate.

BrodyBoy
Level 10
Personally, I don't see a reason to do that. The BIOS update would not have affected your Windows or other software installations. If your SSD is all set up the way you want, just put it in and you're good to go.

Yes...absolutely....uninstall the Asus Updater.