Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by aeolisio View Post
    Well that and this is the newest g751 with the 4870 though firestike is mostly gpu. Im not sure many people even have this model G751JY-DB73x when we bought the office ones we bought all the ones they had and they were just released.
    That seems to be the G-Syn Version comes with the 4870 Processor that could be the reason. Interesting results.

Fire strike does not test just the GPU. But Also Tests the CPU (Physics test) and it also affects phsx test (there is a reason why people overclock their desktop processors you know).

interestingly enough your Asus ROG JY G syn version is 30% more powerfull than the original JY version. +1500-2000 Scores O.O

My Theory That GTX980M Is bottlenecked by 4710 processor (I heard that) and 4870 Processor Seems to allow its powers to show and spread. 4870 Seems to pack with the new G SYN Version.

But Still I pretty Much Doubt Its the processor that caused the increase.

According to Notebook Check The one with the 4870 Processor (JYT7 should score 8300+

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Asus-G7....133178.0.html

Seems to be heat sink and the Ram and the New SDD.
    Any way amazing scores None the less
    Last edited by Nader; 09-10-2015 at 08:51 AM.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Had a minute to test out another clean windows install this is my g751jy-db73x G Sync 4870/980m with 32gb 2133 G skill SM951 256GB Heatsinked.
    Heres the firestrike. Forgive the weird screen i am still tweaking the 4k settings.
    Attachment 51584
    Hello, could you please open GPU-Z, screenshot it and post it there ? Thanks a lot.

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Boxis View Post
    Hello, could you please open GPU-Z, screenshot it and post it there ? Thanks a lot.
    Had to download GPU-Z but here
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CPU-Z GPU-Z.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	193.6 KB 
ID:	51607
    If you were assuming the G751-DB73x had an 8gb 980 it doesnt.
    3d printed parts and accessories for the G751. You know you want something better than OEM ->https://www.shapeways.com/shops/aeolisio

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

No, I have read that the new G752 should have OCed GPU by default, so thought the new revision of G751JY had it as well, but seems the clocks are the same.

ROG Member Array

Well that and this is the newest g751 with the 4870 though firestike is mostly gpu. Im not sure many people even have this model G751JY-DB73x when we bought the office ones we bought all the ones they had and they were just released.
    I tried to order the db73x but everytime i ordered it amazon told me they were backordered even though they were in stock on the page so i took a db72 instead. Should i have waited for the 752?

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by TheWitcher View Post
    I tried to order the db73x but everytime i ordered it amazon told me they were backordered even though they were in stock on the page so i took a db72 instead. Should i have waited for the 752?
    Not really a problem you are not missing any thing since db3 is extremely limited rare model from the looks of it.
    GTX980M is a strong card by default.

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by TheWitcher View Post
    Your not missing anything significant with the g752. Im only interested in the nvme and ddr4 support myself but most people wont feel a difference between the ahci and nvme of the sm951 or a fps difference in ddr3 and ddr4. The 4720 you have is actually better for temperature than the 4870. You probably have 10 or more degrees of headroom then i do.
    3d printed parts and accessories for the G751. You know you want something better than OEM ->https://www.shapeways.com/shops/aeolisio

New ROGer Array

G751 Audio Popping sound bottom left corner

Just received my new Asus ROG G751jy in the mail. Whenever audio is played either if its a chime, youtube, a PC game the speaker underneath where your left wrist rest when typing, makes a pop sound every 2 seconds until the the application running the audio is closed. example will be when I close out of youtube. the audio itself works fine and I just need to find a solution to disable that bottom speaker. I've updated to the windows 10. still no change. installed the new realtek high definition audio file provided by ASUS and still nothing has changed. the only way I can stop it is when I right click over the speaker icon on the bottom right corner of my screen < select playback devices < right click speakers < select disable. the popping sound stops but so does all the audio so that's not a fix. So I know its within the speakers. if anyone could help I would be grateful.

also other things I've tried was adjusts the levels in the speaker properties all to 0 and the audio stops but the popping still continues.

ROG Enthusiast Array

G751JT
    Hinge screw broke down within a week
    gets super dirty easily
    fan starts making noise in a month
    Speaker are like super cheap

ROG Member Array

Didn't want to start a new thread just for this, hope somebody can suggest a solution here. Got mine recently, very happy with it so far, but one minor gripe - those plastic thingies on which the notebook resides are uneven, so everytime you place your hands on the keyboard, the left side of the notebook touches the desk, and it's annoying as hell.

A buddy of mine has a JL model, which has rubber thingies and it's completely stable, mine's a JT model and has plastic thingies and the left one is a bit off and unbalanced. What to do? (English is not my first language, so I don't know the actual word for the "thingies" - holders maybe?)

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast