Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

@ExpatGamer: Yea... the last one I had was getting better temps but I exchanged it due to some minor bleeding of the screen and other aesthetical issues. Now I get the same temps as you and to be honest I'm a little bit worried. I mean, it's winter over here, and I have only 23-24C in my room. I'm thinking that on summer it will hit the 90C(or above) very easily when I'm gaming. That's not quite the cooling that I've expected for this beast of a machine. And I see that the only cooling issue is with the CPU. The GPU, which consumes more power, actually runs cooler. Where's the logic over here O_o?! Also, on my last model, the temps were more stable. On idle it was like 40-41-42. Now, the temps go mad and change from 40-to 46. It also gets some crazy peaks when I open an application (from 45 to 54C when opening Chrome...).

I've also reached higher temps when running 3D mark (81CPU/76GPU vs 76CPU/72GPU) and on AC Unity (85C vs 82C). It's not quite a reason to worry about, but in comparison with my i7-3610QM from the G75 which had a TDP of 45w, this i7-4710HQ Haswell which draws 47W and is supposed to me more power efficient, runs damn hotter! One problem might actually be the fact that the fans have a low RPM even in high load. I remember very well that the CPU fan was running at 3500-3600RPM when I was gaming on the G75, and it only reached a max temp of 80C. On the G751 the temps reach 85C and the fan only goes to 2900RPM. I don't really care for the silence part when I'm gaming, so they could offer us a driver which increased the RPM a little bit.

All in all, these temps are not unusual for gaming rigs with these specs. Though, when I decided to go for a 4kg machine, I was expecting to get way better cooling (just like on the G75).

ROG Member Array

Hi, my second led is blinking orange when it's on battery. What that means?

I've turned on my laptop and in Windows I've noticed message like: There is no battery. I was like, WTF ?
    So, I restarted and then second led doesn't stop blinking.

Any Idea ?

ATM laptop is working on battery, when I plug AC i'm not getting errors.

Before that happened, I tried to boot BackTrack 5 R3 (without success, it freezes).
    After few attempts I've quit trying and I booted normally W8.1.

G750JY - GTX980M

New ROGer Array

Hey, I just got the laptop today. It is really nice and gets good frames.

I have noticed really bad input lag and serious ghosting. Do you guys notice this? If so, should I get a new laptop?

If you guys do not get these effects, should I send it back for a new one or is there something that I can do to fix it?

Please reply,
    Jared39

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by sa_stilom View Post
    Hi, my second led is blinking orange when it's on battery. What that means?

I've turned on my laptop and in Windows I've noticed message like: There is no battery. I was like, WTF ?
    So, I restarted and then second led doesn't stop blinking.

Any Idea ?

ATM laptop is working on battery, when I plug AC i'm not getting errors.

Before that happened, I tried to boot BackTrack 5 R3 (without success, it freezes).
    After few attempts I've quit trying and I booted normally W8.1.

G750JY - GTX980M
    I'm really ****in tired of ASUS and their products.
    I bought T300 and after 9days touch screen stopped working. My Laptop is on RMA and it's been like 30 days already, ASUS didn't send a new screen !!! Still waiting...

And now my G751. I got it 24.11. and today month later seems like battery has issues !!!
    Funny part is, I paid and ordered extended warranty which ASUS still didn't send me.

So, seems like this unit is going to RMA to, again like 2 months without my laptop. WTF now ?!!?!
    I'm ****in tired of ASUS RMA, really ! Sorry for my language, but this is really pissing me off.

OK, I'm angry because now i'm getting error like: AC plugged but not charging, 20% battery. And that is it... ?!?!?

Arrrghhhhhhhhhhhh!

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

This is how my new G751JY is running atm.

The first one I had was running 4-5c lower, but also more equal (there is 2-5c difference on the CPU cores)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GPU 90c.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	379.2 KB 
ID:	44609

I will most likely return it after Christmas duo to keyboard / touchpad and obviously the high GPU temp.
    The King of the north!

ROG Enthusiast Array

I'm really ****in tired of ASUS and their products.
    I bought T300 and after 9days touch screen stopped working. My Laptop is on RMA and it's been like 30 days already, ASUS didn't send a new screen !!! Still waiting...

And now my G751. I got it 24.11. and today month later seems like battery has issues !!!
    Funny part is, I paid and ordered extended warranty which ASUS still didn't send me.

So, seems like this unit is going to RMA to, again like 2 months without my laptop. WTF now ?!!?!
    I'm ****in tired of ASUS RMA, really ! Sorry for my language, but this is really pissing me off.

OK, I'm angry because now i'm getting error like: AC plugged but not charging, 20% battery. And that is it... ?!?!?

Arrrghhhhhhhhhhhh!
    Hi, Have you tried removing the plug on the adapter wait till the light goes out then plug it again before turning the power of the latop? from what i have known the g751 power brik has a safety feature. to avoid sudden surge of electricity, this happen whenever you unplug the cable from the laptop without unpluging the adapter on the wall..

our battery is integrated and this machine requires more power, our power brick outputs 200+watts unlike other power bricks max output is 180w only, i think this is one of the reason why the power brick has this safety feature, cutting the power going through thw laptop, causing it to not charging, that is what i know base on the research i done before purchasing this product.

hope this help fix the issue.. chill a little bit its christmas
    Last edited by dapogz; 12-25-2014 at 09:05 PM.

ROG Member Array

Hi

I got good news regarding my battery. I found out that BackTrack driver confused my battery chip. So I drained my battery down and then I plug-in AC and after it charged to full my battery works fine again. Thanks God, I was really scared I'll be like 45 days without my laptop... Because RMA in Croatia is really shame for ASUS.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

CPU Temps Lower

Ok, so taking into consideration the high CPU temps most of the G751 owners get, I decided to follow hmscotts undervolting method to lower the temps a little bit. The results are positive and the temps really went lower. About 5-6C lower to be more precise.

How I did the undervolting (UV) ?
    © Hmscott's Method:

1) Download Intel Extreme Tunning Utility -> Install -> Restart -> And check out all the things that show on the program before starting to change anything(just to familiarize a bit). There aren't many to see, but for this UV you will only change 2 slides from all options available.
    2) From all settings you should find the "Dynamic CPU voltage offset" and "Processor cache voltage offset" and as a first step you should make a small negative increment of -20mv for both "Dynamic" and "Cache".
    3) Apply and save your profile. Don't worry if the PC restarts or BSODs because if the voltage gets to low this may happen. Also, the Intel XTU application is smart and won't load the last profile you used if a system error occurs.
    4) Next step, before going even lower with the voltage you need to stress test the current settings. Intel XTU has it's own stress test integrated as you can see it on the left side of the window. Just run it for 5-10 mins and this should tell you if the current values offer a stable system.
    5) After checking if the system is stable, then you can make further negative increments going from -20mv on both slides, to -40mv on both slides.
    6) Apply and save your profile.
    7) Make the stress test again to see if the new values are stable. Note!: If the system restarts/BSODs during the stress test, don't worry because the system will restart with the default values.
    8) If the stress test does fail, you should lower the negative increment from -20mv to -10mv. For example: if you went from -40mv to -60mv and the system restarted then you should try to go from -40mv to -50mv and see if that value is stable.
    9) After an error, set the new value (example -50mv instead of -60mv) and stress test for 10-15 mins.
    10) If the last values you have found are stable during the stress test, then the next step for verifying if the Undervolting is stable is to leave your system in idle mode for a couple of hours and if it doesn't restart/BSODs then you've got a stable undervolt (UV)

Check it these screenshots for more details:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CPU XTU Default settings.png 
Views:	288 
Size:	306.0 KB 
ID:	44709Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Settings example.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	291.8 KB 
ID:	44710Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Settings example 23.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	629.3 KB 
ID:	44711

My personal experience with UV?

As for my own personal experience, the undervolting process went flawless from 0mv to -90mv (Maximum on Dynamic CPU Offset) and -100mv (Maximum on Processor Cache Offset). I didn't get no errors, restart or BSOD so this may also apply for other G751 owners. The temperature differences as I stated before are about 5-6C in applications that stress the CPU and about 2-3C lower for idle. I didn't do a heavy in-game testing to see what improvement is there but I will do it today.

For now, here you are an example of 3dMark temps, before and after. PS: I don't know why I get these differences in 3DMark because it has happened before.. I think it's something from the Nvidia Control Panel or it's just that random with the current drivers.
    Before: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3D Mark Score 2nd G751JY.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	702.2 KB 
ID:	44712
    After: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3dMark Temps with UV -90mv (2).jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	724.7 KB 
ID:	44713

Links to Hmscotts posts about Undervolting with Intel XTU:
    1) http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...l=1#post457208
    2) http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...l=1#post457304
    3) http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...l=1#post458490
    Last edited by NitroX; 12-29-2014 at 09:15 AM.

Hi

I got good news regarding my battery. I found out that BackTrack driver confused my battery chip. So I drained my battery down and then I plug-in AC and after it charged to full my battery works fine again. Thanks God, I was really scared I'll be like 45 days without my laptop... Because RMA in Croatia is really shame for ASUS.
    At least you actually HAVE RMA service
    Laptop : ASUS G750JW : i7 4700HQ - 16Gb - 2Tb HDD - GTX 765M OC (+135/500) - Full HD Matte - Win 8.1
    Retiered : Toshiba L670 i5 560M/8Gb Corsair/1TB/HD5650 1Gb @ 625/800 /WD 1Tb USB3/Win7

Someone can share their fps on The Witcher 2 with the G751JT?
    Because mine with Nvidia settings are very unstable between 30 and 60, so i'd like to compare with someone else.
    Thanks!

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast