cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got your new G751JY G751JT G751JM ? Post your review, temps, benchmark results!

hmscott
Level 12
It looks like the G751's have started shipping, please post your reviews, temps, benchmark results!

And, please post what country your are in, so we know where they are shipping! 🙂
237 REPLIES 237

Asus_G72GX
Level 7
In addition is it also possible to post 3D Mark 06 benchmarks instead of 3D Mark 11 in order to compare performance with previous generations G75/G750. Thanks!

Asus_G72GX wrote:
In addition is it also possible to post 3D Mark 06 benchmarks instead of 3D Mark 11 in order to compare performance with previous generations G75/G750. Thanks!

Asus_G72GX, good idea, how about they do these FurtureMark tests, to get a wide range of upgrade coverage:

3dmark - Cloud Gate, Sky Diver, Fire Strike, Ice Storm

3dmark11

3dmark Vantage

PCMark Vantage

PCMark 7

3DMark06

And, whatever game or other favorite benchmarks you have 🙂

ekko242
Level 7
Well, no 3DMark06 - but I ran a quick 3DMark with Firestrike (8409) and Cloud Gate (21856):

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/4333560?
http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/4333655?

and as for temperatures, everything seems to be hovering around ~41 on the 980m and around 42 or so on the CPU under normal use, I will try to get some numbers under load for something like Shadows of Mordor later on. So far so good, I am very pleased with everything and havent had any issues.

X-ROG
Level 15
I'm borrowing one this week. List the benchies you want. Bear in mind that SSD/memory will change between SKU, so PCMark results in particular will differ.

3dmark11

3dmark Vantage

PCMark Vantage

PCMark 7

3DMark06

Thanks for the results ekko!

MarshallR@ASUS wrote:
I'm borrowing one this week. List the benchies you want. Bear in mind that SSD/memory will change between SKU, so PCMark results in particular will differ.

3dmark11

3dmark Vantage

PCMark Vantage

PCMark 7

3DMark06

Thanks for the results ekko!

Screen's refresh rate please. Will it go up to a 100Hz like on my old G750 JX? Thanks.
G614JV

DeltaActual wrote:
Screen's refresh rate please. Will it go up to a 100Hz like on my old G750 JX? Thanks.

MarshallR, like DeltaActual's excellent question, do we gain back the Nvidia controls from direct connect to the Nvidia GPU, or does everything go back through the Intel iGPU; is the Optimus method new, missing, or the same as the JM/JS/JZ?

At the least we are hoping an Intel Control panel update would bring back custom resolutions including custom refresh rates higher than 60hz.

Can someone who has a G751JY in hand please advise us to the actual dimensions and weight of the system. One of Asus' press releases says 2.1" tall and over 11 lbs. Resellers like XoticPC say 1.7" tall and 8.4 lbs. Big discrepancy. I'd like to order one if it is the 8.4lb number, but would have to return it if I got it and found it is 11 lbs.

Thanks so much!
N

Nyceis wrote:
Can someone who has a G751JY in hand please advise us to the actual dimensions and weight of the system. One of Asus' press releases says 2.1" tall and over 11 lbs. Resellers like XoticPC say 1.7" tall and 8.4 lbs. Big discrepancy. I'd like to order one if it is the 8.4lb number, but would have to return it if I got it and found it is 11 lbs.
Thanks so much!
N

Nyceis, the official weight is 4.8 kg = 10.6 lbs

You can find the spec's for all the G751's through this search:

http://www.asus.com/Search/?SearchKey=g751

hi guys got the g751jy. temp under normal use is around 40-42 but when having bf3 on ultra goes to 80-83 degrees Celsius.