cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G550JK Keyboard Strokes Missing

Zotto
Level 7
Hi all,
I have a rather annoying issue with my G550JK. I have checked other topics and it seems like other RoG owners have the same issue. When I type, some random keystrokes are going missing. This issue does not happen if I uninstall the touchpad driver (if I do that, I can't disable the touchpad from Windows at all) or disable the touchpad from BIOS. Unffortunately if you disable the touchpad from the driver settings, the same thing happens, keystrokes go missing. Therefore I would like to inform ASUS about this problem, and hope for a BIOS or touchpad driver update. I bought ASUS for it's quality but this issue is very annoying. Thank you.
6 REPLIES 6

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Your hand is bumping the touchpad slightly most likely, and in Windows 8 / 8.1 there is a setting that 'halts typing' for a set amount of seconds if the touchpad is interacted with.

To lessen the time, or stop the 'halt typing', just go to..

CHARM BAR > Settings > Change PC Settings > PC and Devices > Mouse and Touchpad > Touchpad

And set: Short Delay or No Delay

I use Short Delay. Works for me.

GottiBoi55
Level 10
You can also use fn+f9 to disable the touchpad while typing, this should solve the issue for you.
Many people have this issue, as you mentioned.

PS: Welcome to the Asus ROG forum.
Come back, and let us know how things work out.
GottiBoi55
Asus
G750JZ-DS71 Windows 10 Pro (x64)
Intel® Core™ i7 4700HQ (2.40GHz)
Samsung
24GB Memory DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM
SanDisk
M.2 SSD 2x128GB in Raid 0 / WD-HGST-1TB HDD 7500-RPM
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 880M 4 GB GDDR5 VRAM
Second Monitor: Shar
p Aquos 32"

fjollon
Level 7
The issue has been known for ages. If Asus gave a s*** they would've given us a new driver for the touchpad long ago. Disable in BIOS is the only solution for now.

Prostar_Compute
Level 9
As others mentioned, make sure you are not gracing the touchpad with your hands as you type. A lot of people do this mistakenly, utterly unaware of it. You can disable the trackpad via the hotkey mentioned (doing so from Device Manager does not work on our systems nor other laptops either).

We customize Asus, MSI, and Clevo laptops!

Zotto
Level 7
Disabling the trackpad via hotkey does not work actually. It disables the touchpad but I think touchpad is always on. You can try it with disabling the touchpad via hotkey, then turning the screen off via the hotkey. After it, if you touch the touchpad the screen will turn on, even if you disabled the touchpad before. So far the only solutions working for me are uninstalling the driver or turning it off via BIOS. I hope these information would help the people suffer from the same problem or ASUS, if they try to find a solution to this issue, which seems to affect a lot of ASUS laptops.

GottiBoi55
Level 10
Well, my G750JZ doesn't react in that manner, when I disable the touchpad via the (fn+f9) hotkey
The only thing that will turn on the screen is touching any key, not the touchpad.
Now I had a issue on my G75VW, where the touchpad would not disable.
What worked for me was reinstalling the touchpad driver, for some odd reason the driver got corrupted, and the only solution was to reinstall the touchpad driver.
This issue happened a couple of times, and each time the solution was to reinstall the driver.
When you mentioned that your "touchpad' was still active after the hotkey, that reminded me about my G75VW issue I had in the past.

PS: I hope this will work for you my friend.
GottiBoi55
Asus
G750JZ-DS71 Windows 10 Pro (x64)
Intel® Core™ i7 4700HQ (2.40GHz)
Samsung
24GB Memory DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM
SanDisk
M.2 SSD 2x128GB in Raid 0 / WD-HGST-1TB HDD 7500-RPM
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 880M 4 GB GDDR5 VRAM
Second Monitor: Shar
p Aquos 32"