cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G74sx Bluetooth Driver and Usage

frozster
Level 7
Hey guys,

So I've gotten my g74sx, and did a clean install. Everything is working,except my bluetooth. Here's the problem, I've tried several drivers, including the one posted from Asus website (Azurewave BlueTooth driver,Version V7.2.0.65). Wasn't able to download the one chasity posted, bad link.

Anyways, the driver would install fine and all, but I cant seem to send anything to my bluetooth enabled phone using the bluetooth suite that came with it. I manage to detect my phone and paired it to my laptop, but i cant get it to browse the items in my phone or even to send a simple txt file over. Im not sure if its a problem with my phone or is it the bluetooth suite application or is it the hardware itself.

On the other hand, anyone knows how to install the bluetooth driver without the bluetooth suite that comes along with it? So that i can let windows7 control my bluetooth instead.

I've updated my Wifi driver to Atheros WiFi 9.2.1.432 but it didnt help.

Please help!
5 REPLIES 5

dstrakele
Level 14
What make and model of phone do you have? What OS version does it run?
I'd recommend checking forums for that specific phone and posting your issue there as well.

Are you seeing any yellow dots (indiicating a device problem) next to any devices in Bluetooth Radios, Network Adapters, or Ports in Device Manager?
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

Hi there,

I have Asus g74sx-A1, running windows 7 ultimate x64bit. Currently i have my bluetooth suite software uninstalled, so it's showing a yellow dot.I got annoyed with the bluetooth suite,so removed it. If it was installed, then it wouldnt be showing that. It would be showing that its working. Any idea of an alternative software to the bluetooth suite provided by azureware?

JRd1st
Level 12
Look and be sure the Atheros card is AR 2011 or AR 3012. if it is then try THIS

In any case, it shouldn't install if it's not the right driver.

If that's no good, look HERE and take your pick.
Read the User's Manual for more info. 😄

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor
Intel Series 510 120 GB SSD

Drivers, Apps and How To's
Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

dstrakele
Level 14
http://download.cnet.com/1770-20_4-0.html?query=bluetooth+software&platformSelect=Windows&tag=srch&s...
has some alternatiive software choices.

In addition to my previous questions, do you have a check in the "Allow remote devices to browse, send, and receive pictures, music and other files" checkbox in the "Share" tab of Bluetooth Settings?
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

frozster
Level 7
Hey guys, i've came to conclusion that my phone is the culprit and not the laptop. I guess im gonna be posting to the nokia forum.haha. Thanks for the help btw! Cheers!