cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G550JK Physical damage.

Jaredwray
Level 7
420584205842058Hello,

Currently i am stationed in Fort Lee, VA for training. While i put my laptop away into my drawer, i believe it caught the lip of the drawer and did some damage to the screen. Will add a picture to it. I have basic and some computer knowledge. I believe it could either be a cracked LCD screen because the screen itself is not damaged. But there shows no signs on the outside of the computer of any damage as well. Any ideas will be appreciated.

I purchased from the PX and got the highest insurance on it as well. Tried working with them and said they cannot help for some odd reason. Thanks for your time.
2 REPLIES 2

GottiBoi55
Level 10
Just a few questions to ask.

1. How long have you owned your NB?
2. If under 60 days, have you applied for the Asus ADP <<

If you are still within the 60 day time constraint, you should apply for the ADP now! (It's also Free BTW)
With the Asus Accidental Damage Protection, you are covered for one full year, for drops, liquid spills, and as in your case damaged LED screens.

Hope this will solves your issue, and welcome to the ROG Forum.
Please come back, and let us know how things turn out my friend.
GottiBoi55
Asus
G750JZ-DS71 Windows 10 Pro (x64)
Intel® Core™ i7 4700HQ (2.40GHz)
Samsung
24GB Memory DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM
SanDisk
M.2 SSD 2x128GB in Raid 0 / WD-HGST-1TB HDD 7500-RPM
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 880M 4 GB GDDR5 VRAM
Second Monitor: Shar
p Aquos 32"

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Holy sh!t. That looks pretty bad. As GottiBoi55 has mentioned, you have accidental damage COVERED for one year. Possibly 2 depending on your purchase perks on certain cards.

Send it for an RMA, or order in a new panel to fit yourself. You have mentioned you are not familiar with computers, so RMA'ing may be your best bet.

PX will not assist you I believe, you need to call Asus Service Center directly.

YOU PAY FOR POSTAGE ONE WAY. Asus will cover the cost of sending it back to you.