cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus V formula Q-code 62 VGA led on

Hellunteur
Level 7
Hey every one i have a setup that has been running fine since a year now. Today when turn my computer on i have no video signal on my monitors. I restart the computer and the mother board is displaying a Q code 62 and the vga led is on.

I tried to: - change my graphic card of slot - not working
-try differents monitors with diffrents cables -not working
-remove the GPU and connect the screen via hdmi directly to the mother board -not working
-remove everything but the periferivals such as mouse keyboard (remove one ram piece hdd and ssd -not working
-clear Cmos 'not working

i am running out of options and my computer knoledge isn't that amazing so i was wondering if i could get any help.

Here is my configuration : - mother board Maximus V formula
-graphic card amd radeon HD 7990 6144MB GDDR5
-itel core I7 LGA 1155
-ripjaw X ram 2 slots
-allim corsair RW 750
-razer key board cyborg mouse couple of fans
-kingston 120g ssd
PS no vivible damage on any componants no over heat occured no wanrings of any sort. The night before it worked just fine this morning can't get it to work. I haven't done any overclocking what so ever on my machine

any help will be welcome thanks to you in advance and sory for the english mistakes
5 REPLIES 5

arkejn
Level 7
I think your GPU might died, try borowing from someone GPU
STATION WAGON PC:
CPU
: AMD Phenom II X6 1100T BE / A10 7700K MOBO: ASUS M4A79XTD EVO / ASUS Crossblade Ranger
COOLING: Coolermaster V8 PSU: Chieftec 80P 600W / Corsair RM850
RAM: Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB DISK: Seagate 1TB, WD Green Caviar 1,5TB
CASE: Cooler Master Elite 330 / Corsair Carbide SPEC02 VIDEO: Asus GTX460 1GB DCU/TOP

G56JR

Hellunteur
Level 7
could i not acces the BIOS without the GPU and the monitor plugged on the hdmi output of the mother board ?
A year old hi end Craphic card dead without warning ? seems odd but i mean yeah possible problem beiing i do'nt have any other gpu laying around so it's going to be hard to test that out. is their a way to know for sure ?

arkejn
Level 7
does Maximus V has inegrated graphics or your CPU has one? If so, connect cable to HDMI port from MoBo and get into BIOS. Sometimes month old GPUs fail, it might be cold solder joint fault aswell
STATION WAGON PC:
CPU
: AMD Phenom II X6 1100T BE / A10 7700K MOBO: ASUS M4A79XTD EVO / ASUS Crossblade Ranger
CASE: Cooler Master Elite 330 / Corsair Carbide SPEC02 VIDEO: Asus GTX460 1GB DCU/TOP

G56JR

i think it does have integrated graphics otherwise why even bother to put a hdmi outpout on the mother board. And this is my question why do'nt i have a vidéo signal out of the mother board ?

arkejn
Level 7
if it does (not sure about maximus mbos, never had one), your BIOS might have this settings disabled, try reseting CMOS, plug cable into MoBo, if this doesnt help, you probably need a CPU with integrated gpu. What is your exact i7's model?
STATION WAGON PC:
CPU

G56JR