cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get ULMB to stay on?

Enz0wn
Level 7
I've disabled G-Sync in Nvidia Control Panel, and enabled ULMB in the monitor settings. But, every time I start up a game, G-Sync reenables itself and the LED light on the monitor turns red again. How do you get it to stay on?
6 REPLIES 6

NavasC
Level 7
On top of disabling it in the menu, you need to go to the 3D Settings and scroll down to the bottom and set the default Sync option from G-SYNC to "Off" or "Let Application Decide." Unticking the little checkbox ironically does very little - it turns GSYNC on if it's not already set in the 3D settings, but unchecking it does not seem to turn it off.

NavasC wrote:
On top of disabling it in the menu, you need to go to the 3D Settings and scroll down to the bottom and set the default Sync option from G-SYNC to "Off" or "Let Application Decide." Unticking the little checkbox ironically does very little - it turns GSYNC on if it's not already set in the 3D settings, but unchecking it does not seem to turn it off.

Unfortunately I still can't get it to work. I've unchecked Enable G-Sync, I've changed Vertical Sync to "Let 3D application decide", I've set the monitor to 120hz, and I enabled ULMB in the monitor settings. It still enables G-Sync when I launch CS:GO. Am I missing something else I need to set?

Not that I can think of. Have you tried turning ULMB on from the Monitor OSD once you are ingame, or from the desktop?

Enz0wn
Level 7
I actually keep the OSD menu up when I'm on the desktop, Alt+Tab into the game, and the ULMB option unchecks itself. Then I alt+tab back to the desktop, and it changes right back into ULMB mode. 😞

NavasC
Level 7
What game are you trying to play? Is the game resolution set at 2560x1440p@144Hz? That could be the problem, as some games let you specify the ingame refresh rate.

NavasC wrote:
What game are you trying to play? Is the game resolution set at 2560x1440p@144Hz? That could be the problem, as some games let you specify the ingame refresh rate.

In my case....
Csgo only has setting for resolution and vsync in game. Although you can type stuff like -freq120 in launch options to force 120hz.

An answer to this would be very nice, I have the same problem.

So if OP found a solution, share please!!