cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G550JK Touchpad: disable touch for buttons

Igorious
Level 7
I have problem with touchpad: when I click left or right button, cursor move to random position. I always keep thumb over left button area, but this prevents gesture recognition.
I tried to find options for disable touch for button area, but I didn't find anything 😞
Can I configure touch area and disable touch for buttons?
1 REPLY 1

hmscott
Level 12
Igorious wrote:
I have problem with touchpad: when I click left or right button, cursor move to random position. I always keep thumb over left button area, but this prevents gesture recognition.
I tried to find options for disable touch for button area, but I didn't find anything 😞
Can I configure touch area and disable touch for buttons?

Igorious, the touchpad L/R buttons aren't directionally sensitive, so if you are getting jumping around due to pressing them, you might have a grounding problem at the location you are running from. Try running without the AC power adapter plugged in to your laptop - run on battery - and disconnect any peripherals that need plugging in - like external disk enclosures, and see if the jumping around goes away.

If it is a grounding problem, you need to get that fixed, but in the interim you could use a ground cheater plug like this (or the equivalent for your location), to break the ground connection and stray charge that is appears to be bring to you:

Some people have found that disabling the touchpad in the BIOS, or using Asus Smart Gesture to disable the touchpad when a mouse is plugged in makes their keyboard experience better - no character drops or lagging in typing. So you could move to an external pointing device.