cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why touch only on the G751JM?

MHaensel
Level 7
There's a lot of things Asus did right on the G751, and I plan to own one before the holidays. Things I love about it:
17" IPS screen (!!!)
Great cooling
Great keyboard (both layout and keystroke)
Sturdy build
Good speakers

However, there's one design choice that really has me scratching my head. The G751 press release says a touch screen is available only on the lowest-end model, which has a 2 GB 860m graphics card.

I understand touch screens aren't a core feature for FPS gaming, but I do a lot of things besides gaming on my laptop, and touch screens are pretty much standard in late 2014. I can't find any non-touch laptops at Best Buy besides the closeout G750.

The 860m isn't a bad card, but the 970m is twice the GPU the 860m is. So with the G751, I have to make a weird choice:
1. Get a good graphics card but buy the one of the last laptops without a touchscreen
2. Get a "meh" graphics card and a touch screen

Is there a way to get a touch screen on the higher-end models too?
3 REPLIES 3

X-ROG
Level 15
Touchscreen has not been requested by gamers on high-end models, so we don't plan it sorry.

Fair enough. Thanks for the reply!

Not only in 2017 there are mad cool touch screen laptops that you can replace, here is collection of best of them http://www.touch4laptop.com/touch-screen-laptops/ and there are touchscreen high- end laptops for gaming too just search enough.
hope this help