cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750JZ any quality control?

Svift
Level 7
I have a G750Jz for o week now and as my tradition with every my new laptop goes I replace that excuse of thermal greese for real one and thermal pads for that "toothpaste" on VGA ram. I was shocked what i found inside my G750.

Sticker was inside a cooling duct. So CPU cooling was blocked by cca 30%...

All 4 screws on VGA were overtight and the one on the photo is damaged and almost imposible to unscrew. Just a sing of sloppy work.

The sticker on the VGA fan was not applied.

I like my G750 very much since is my 5th Gseries laptop. So no hate just wanned to share this.

And also what if I remove the seal on CPU cooler? Why voud you forbit to repaste a CPU. Do I really loose warraty becasause I want better temp on a CPU? I had no trouble to remove it on my former laptops but this one kinda sticks on.
2 REPLIES 2

Darnassus
Status Under Review
You used the wrong screwdriver for the screw on the GPU. Just because you have a Phillips head, doesn't mean you can put it in there and turn it. You need the proper size, that is why you've threaded it. Either that, or you didn't apply enough pressure.

The stickers in the way of the fins is ridiculous though, I myself have repasted, but I didn't use pads on the GPU.

Svift
Level 7
Darnassus I can assure you I use the right tools. 😉
I dint scratched the surface of the screw. I found it in that condition when I opened it. Photo was taken bere I even touched it.

What about the seal "warranty void if removed" does Asus mind if I remove it? Will that really void warranty?