cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions that need answering about Asus g751 ch71

Mrwrong2011
Level 7
Good afternoon,

Before I start I want to say that I have always been a fan of asus products. I've used a multitude of different things that you guys make and offer. I recently bought a Asus laptop that I returned due to a technical issue. Normally I would be unhappy about that but it actually worked out perfect now that you have a new line of laptops releasing. I am frustrated however at the difficulty in securing information about the new laptops. It seems that there is not much information available online or directly through your website. I figured it best that I make a list of all of the questions that I have, some of them will be repeats, but I think the answers will be helpful to all parties considering your products.

1). Why does it seem that the laptop is available at so few retailers? I've had limited success finding the high-end model at different websites, but I've had no success finding the CH 71 laptop anywhere but Newegg. I am not anti-Newegg it's just they don't provide a lot of product details and they have an industry worst return policy. When can we expect to see this laptop show up at more national retailers?

2). Will all versions of the G751 have IPS screens? The press release would lead you to believe so but it doesn't specify. It says that the JM, JY, and JT models have it but there are multiple JT versions. I saw aNother post asking the same question and it appeared to be unanswered.

3). If you order CH 71, what is the exact configuration available for drives? I understand about the M SATA slots and how they work but I am confused on the tolal amounts of slots available. If I order the CH 71 model which only comes with a traditional hard drive can I later add a SATA III ssd in addition to the standard hard drive?

4) what is the shipping date for the CH 71?

5). Are all of the laptops using red backlit keyboard or only the high-end ones?

6). Will Asus offer an extended warranty directly? Or will they only offer reseller warranties?

Thank you for a quick response.
7 REPLIES 7

BRSxIgnition
Level 9
Like I've asked in my own thread - I'd really like to see question #3 answered.

I want to use my own 512GB SATA III 2.5" SSD - but there's no information out on if the CH71 will have dual drive bays, and if both will be SATA III compatible or not.

Will they?

BRSxIgnition
Level 9
Based on

... It seems we have nothing to fear in terms of 2.5" SSDs. It's simply a matter of removing the support for the PCIE and placing the SSD in the empty drive port.

Thanks Gentech PC!

X-ROG
Level 15
1) Increasing availability as time goes on
2) Yes
3) Contact retailer to determine exact spec of any particular model
4) I dont have access to this info
5) Yes
6) Contact retailer to ask.

Ask anything else, we'll be happy to help 🙂

ROG-is-DaBomb
Level 7
Question #1- Availability will come over time, bhphotovideo.com just put it up for pre order, and you should expect to see more retailers ready for shipment as time passes.

Question #2-Yes, all versions from the lowest model to the most high end, will have an IPS screen, an upgrade from the G750's TN panel. This should satisfy most customers, as colors are accurate as well as viewing angles being great. The screen is also Matte, in case you were wondering, and it can be adjusted to 100Hz in NVidia Control Panel, if you are interested.

Question #3-There are 2 2.5 inch slots, as far as I know. I haven't confirmed myself, but I've heard people say there should be an M.2 slots as well. So an SSD/HDD can be added later.

Question #4- I can't verify this, but Newegg says Nov. 4th is when it is available for purchase, but nothing so far says anything about shipping dates.

Question #5- Yes, every model will have the red back lit keyboard and red backlit logo.

Question #6- Any retailer will tell you, but being that we can't purchase it yet, we don't know.

I hope I helped! 🙂

Nyceis
Level 7
You can set the refresh rate to 100 but so far it does not do anything, so don't bank on that.

ROG-is-DaBomb
Level 7
Oh, hey Nyceis, I seen you on the forums for the 900 series on forums.notebookreview.com. I seen your comment, but I though the 100Hz would do something. But you know that 100Hz only comes into effect if you reach 100 FPS, right? If your at 60 frames, you can't see it, just hope you know that 🙂