ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Asus g75VX 670MX Newbie Overclocking

Hey guys,
    I was reading about overclocking 670MX. Im totally newbie at overclocking. Is it possible if you can send me specs with very safe overclocking. I want to test it and learn about it.
    I already got MSI after burn.
    I dont know if this will help in anyway, but Im planning to test this overclock on Dota2.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Hi please see:

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...ith-a-GTX-660M
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...cking-gtx-660m

Increment your GPU clock separately from Memory clock gradually and see how it goes.

Good luck!

What is the difference between those two?

Quote Originally Posted by TotalONE View Post
    What is the difference between those two?
    GPU core clock is the most important, as it is, well, the GPU. GPU memory overclocking I notice helps with things like shadows, antialiasing, etc.

Anandtech and TomsHardware usually go into much more detail about memory and so on, I recommend checking those out.

Usually one would overclock GPU core and GPU memory separately, to know the limits of each, so when overclocking them together you know how to overclock each accordingly.

Cheers...!

Quote Originally Posted by srmojuze View Post
    GPU core clock is the most important, as it is, well, the GPU. GPU memory overclocking I notice helps with things like shadows, antialiasing, etc.

Anandtech and TomsHardware usually go into much more detail about memory and so on, I recommend checking those out.

Usually one would overclock GPU core and GPU memory separately, to know the limits of each, so when overclocking them together you know how to overclock each accordingly.

Cheers...!
    Thank you.
    Would you be kind enough at share with me your over clock?
    I just want to see couple examples to have a better understanding what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by TotalONE View Post
    Thank you.
    Would you be kind enough at share with me your over clock?
    I just want to see couple examples to have a better understanding what to do.
    My Overclock.bat file:
    nvidiaInspector.exe -forcepstate:0,0 -setGpuClock:0,2,1100 -setMemoryClock:0,2,2850

OR to push mem harder:
    nvidiaInspector.exe -forcepstate:0,0 -setGpuClock:0,2,1100 -setMemoryClock:0,2,2950

My Reset.bat file:
    nvidiaInspector.exe -setVoltageOffset:0,0,0 -setGpuClock:0,2,835 -setMemoryClock:0,2,2500 -forcepstate:0,16

FWIW normally I try to go as hard as possible (1100mhz core, 3000mhz mem) but then dial it back gradually to achieve stability on a game-by-gme basis.

WatchDogs I was able to run more or less 1100mhz core 3000mhz mem.

ROG Master Array EckoInLasVegas's Avatar

Im more of a simpleton when it comes to OCing my VCard. I run a mild OC with +135 core and +200 Memory.

I use very simple programs:

-GPU-Z
    -MSI Afterburner
    -Heaven Benchmark

I found this is about the most I could get out of the GPU without messing with it a whole lot. Im able to get 120FPS under load in LOL and 220+ with a blank screen (no action or movement).