cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CPU Running too hot!

casper5632
Level 7
I am using AI Suite 3 to control my fan settings on my Maximux Vi Hero motherboard. The problem is that it is completely innacurate. My CPU (Intel 4790k) runs all the way up to 60c because the fans never stay on very high. When a load is put on the CPU the fans kick up for a few seconds and then they go back to idle temps, while the CPU is burning away. Every other temp monitoring program is accurate, and I made sure to not have them running at the same time.
6 REPLIES 6

Dr__Zchivago
Level 12
As I understand it, 60 degrees C is nominal load temperature for that CPU; and, it can run into the 110 degrees C range.

I would like some validation, however, as I run AMD.

Z

It can but I am planning to overclock it. It runs at 50c running Prime95 with the fans at 100%. I got it running at 60c playing wasteland 2.

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
Choose one single monitoring tool and uninstall the rest, even having more than one installed(even if you have multiple but use only one at any given time) is known to cause mis-reads.

Myk SilentShadow wrote:
Choose one single monitoring tool and uninstall the rest, even having more than one installed(even if you have multiple but use only one at any given time) is known to cause mis-reads.

Uninstalled every single program with temp monitoring capabilities and there was no change in the accuracy of the temps in AI Suite 3.

Nate152
AI Suite does not give the core temps, it gives more or less the socket temp.

Nate152 wrote:
AI Suite does not give the core temps, it gives more or less the socket temp.

The difference between the core and socket temp is supposed to be around 10c. There is no measurable difference between the core temps and the temp shown in ai suite. During idle it jumps around 30-40c and and it does the same during load. I cant use this temp to set my fan curve because it doesnt actually go up when the CPU gets hot. It will jump up to like 45ish for a few seconds, but it quickly goes back down to the 30s. HWMonitor measures socket temp correctly when I had it running.

Is this software just worthless for setting fan speeds?