cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to throw my VII impact out of the window!

Arniebomba
Level 9
But before I do, i'm asking for some help.

The first time i finished my pc build, everything was okay. Everything worked fine for about a week. Though since a week or two, my monitor won't get a signal after start up. I have to manually reset the bios EVERY TIME, in order to get a signal from the pc to my monitor. Everything needs to be default. If i change it to XPM, i will not get a signal to my monitor.

Specs:
VII impact
2133 Corsair Dom. Platinum
GTX980

I have never had eny issues with all the ROG boards i've owned, but this one is making me want to throw it out the window :mad:

Anybody an idea?
7 REPLIES 7

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
Heya mate, hope you've been well. Well I guess we start with the basics and that's having you double check the card is seated properly in the slot and the connectors are fully plugged in at PSU and VGA end.

Myk SilentShadow wrote:
Heya mate, hope you've been well. Well I guess we start with the basics and that's having you double check the card is seated properly in the slot and the connectors are fully plugged in at PSU and VGA end.

Hi Yes i've been verry well. Thanks 🙂
I have double checked everything. As you know this isn't my first build (and probably won't be my last) but this has never happend. I've now completely erased all the data from de SSD and installed everything fresh, since the SSD came from a VII Gene build. Maybe this helps.

Arniebomba
Level 9
Okay, when i plug in a videocard of any kind, the motherboard will not give a signal. Also not through the motherboard hdmi out.
I can only get a signal to my monitor when i leave the PGU slot empty and then get a signal through the hdmi from the motherboard.
Sometimes i do get a signal through the gpu, but then it wont get past bios.

NemesisChild
Level 12
What PSU are you using and how old is it?
Intel i9 10850K@ 5.3GHz
ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E
Corsair H115i Pro XT
G.Skill TridentZ@ 3600MHz CL14 2x16GB
EVGA RTX 3090 Ti FWT3 Ultra
Storage: WD Blue SN550 2TB NVMe M.2
EVGA SuperNova 1200 P2
ASUS ROG Strix Helios GX601

Arniebomba
Level 9
I use a Corsair RM750. It's two months old.

NemesisChild
Level 12
So you've removed the 980 and tried using just the onboard (CPU) iGPU?
Also, do you have another graphic card that you can test to rule out the 980?

Just a thought, have you also tried using a DVI cable instead?
Intel i9 10850K@ 5.3GHz
ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E
Corsair H115i Pro XT
G.Skill TridentZ@ 3600MHz CL14 2x16GB
EVGA RTX 3090 Ti FWT3 Ultra
Storage: WD Blue SN550 2TB NVMe M.2
EVGA SuperNova 1200 P2
ASUS ROG Strix Helios GX601

NemesisChild wrote:
So you've removed the 980 and tried using just the onboard (CPU) iGPU?
Yes

Also, do you have another graphic card that you can test to rule out the 980?

I do, though that wouldnt be necassery since the card isn't the problem. It worked in my pc and works in another pc.

Just a thought, have you also tried using a DVI cable instead?

No i haven't.

As for now, i've changed the place of the psu connector from one pcie connector to another one. Now everything seems to work fine. I'm going to try this for a week and then place it back to the previous connector. If it fails, i know it isn't the motherboard.