cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G550JK : Default GPU only Intel 4600?

toutou57
Level 7
Hi all,

I just got a G550JG with a GeForce GTX 850M 4G onboard.
On the display setting of Win 8.1 Pro, I can only see the Intel HD 600 for the resolution settings; the Nvidia 850M ins't available for using it for windows.
Does it mean that the 850M is used automaticaly in background ? Or is there any trouble ?
I checked and reinstall all the drivers, upgraded the BIOS (nothing available inside for sellecting the defalut gpu).

Is it a normal behavior or is there any trouble?

Thanks in advance for your help.
2 REPLIES 2

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Download a program like GPU Z or Speccy, see if the 850 is there and if it gives off a temperature. Hopefully it's something like 35-40*C or higher, otherwise it means it's not even functioning / plugged in / enabled.

Darnassus wrote:
Download a program like GPU Z or Speccy, see if the 850 is there and if it gives off a temperature. Hopefully it's something like 35-40*C or higher, otherwise it means it's not even functioning / plugged in / enabled.

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I did install GPU-Z which shos the 850M temperature at 42°C at hidle state (Windows running without any other app launched).
I started a stress test of the computer and the temperature increased at almost 60°C.
So it seems to be used by the the system but not always... strange.