Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Serious View Post
    I ended up returning my monitor and replacing it with a new one and the problem seems to be gone now. Under the new monitor is says manufactured date is October 2014.
    That's good news, so the issue is known and they are replacing it without problems?

ROG Enthusiast Array

Sent a technical support ticket to know what they say about. Thanks for letting us know Serious !

(mine having the problem is August 2014)

//edit:

@Serious
    Are you sure you made the browser test I have recorded in the first video and you don't see vertical lines appearing on the screen at all ? Not even lines on the taskbar or slider ?
    Last edited by class101; 10-26-2014 at 04:33 PM.

ROG Member Array

I don't really notice it. Could be my eyes as well lol. By the way, I have a 2 year instant replacement plan on my monitor with my retailer and was able to replace it for a newer one and did not send it in to Asus to get it replaced.
    Last edited by Serious; 10-26-2014 at 07:19 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Not sure but I think you still have the lines but not seeing them, I can see them on video I'm just unsure if they are generated by the video. If you do the browser test instead this should be clearly visible if you do that

1. Connect with your browser at http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/inversion.php#invpattern
    2. Make sure browser is maximized
    3. Click 'Next' to be positioned on 'Current: 1'
    4. Don't you notice little lines stacking above the bottom slider of the browser and going above the taskbar too ?
    5. If you move the browser's horizontal slider left/right repetitively you should notice vertical lines too on the grey picture

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4d...V2RXgxaW8/view
    Last edited by class101; 10-26-2014 at 08:04 PM.

ROG Member Array

I can see a bit, but I have to bring my eyes to like few inches away from the screen to notice anything, and since my head is usually around 3 feet away I do not notice anything. Asus's other 27inch 1440p monitor's seems more apparent though. Go to around 10 min mark on that video .

ROG Member Array

Alright so I tried the Pixel Inversion test. First on my PG278Q (gsync) and then on my PB278Q (normal 1440p monitor). I think its safe to assume there is something completely wrong with my monitor. Also mine was manufactured in August 2014 as well.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0129.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	114.3 KB 
ID:	42647

This is my PG278Q monitor, odd coloring as well as messed up backlight. I also have the lines that show up when i move the slider. The side that is brightly lit is the side that isn't affected.

Name:	IMG_0130.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	117.3 KB 
ID:	42648

This is my PB278Q with the same pixel inversion test. Everything seems to be fine.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by class101 View Post
    Not sure but I think you still have the lines but not seeing them, I can see them on video I'm just unsure if they are generated by the video. If you do the browser test instead this should be clearly visible if you do that

1. Connect with your browser at http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/inversion.php#invpattern
    2. Make sure browser is maximized
    3. Click 'Next' to be positioned on 'Current: 1'
    4. Don't you notice little lines stacking above the bottom slider of the browser and going above the taskbar too ?
    5. If you move the browser's horizontal slider left/right repetitively you should notice vertical lines too on the grey picture

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4d...V2RXgxaW8/view
    I just did your test on my August 2014 swift, I have made two interesting discoveries:

1. The whole screen (test maximized with F11) turns green when I set the contrast at 38 or lower, for some reason.
    2. After experimenting with OD settings, it appears that they change the behavior. Normal and Extreme settings reduce flicker but make the vertical lines more noticeable, with the OFF setting I can still notice them but just barely if I look close enough.

In-game however, the lines are visible to me on all settings, OFF being arguably the least revealing but that's not an option since it introduces a lot of motion blur.
    Last edited by trAnwhiiz; 10-27-2014 at 09:35 AM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Serious View Post
    I can see a bit, but I have to bring my eyes to like few inches away from the screen to notice anything, and since my head is usually around 3 feet away I do not notice anything.
    yeah that's the problem we mention about, I guess none of us as them permanently but once you know about it is more difficult to not see them anymore ^^ At least here jumping from a basic LG 60 Hz LCD this as been the first thing I did notice.

Here if I stay on the Desktop at 60Hz I see them permanently, and the higher I go they are no more visible except when doing the browser test and briefly appearing in game too

Quote Originally Posted by trAnwhiiz View Post
    I just did your test on my August 2014 swift, I have made two interesting discoveries:

1. The whole screen (test maximized with F11) turns green when I set the contrast at 38 or lower, for some reason.
    2. After experimenting with OD settings, it appears that they change the behavio. Normal and Extreme settings reduce flicker but make the vertical lines more noticeable, with the OFF setting I can still notice them but just barely if I look close enough.

Thanks might explain why some people are getting a green screen in fullscreen too, here I use contrast 50 so I never noticed that
    In-game however, the lines are visible to me pm all settings, OFF being arguable the least revealing but that's not an option since it introduces a lot of motion blur.
    Yes same here I notice a change in the browser test with the OD setting but in-game I don't really know which one is better, lines are the same on all 3 differents settings, I think OFF is better as I see them less too in the browser
    Last edited by class101; 10-26-2014 at 11:49 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyd119 View Post
    Alright so I tried the Pixel Inversion test. First on my PG278Q (gsync) and then on my PB278Q (normal 1440p monitor). I think its safe to assume there is something completely wrong with my monitor. Also mine was manufactured in August 2014 as well.

Name:	IMG_0129.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	114.3 KB 
ID:	42647
    It also turns green here if I don't maximize my browser screen, not sure what it is about

trAnwhiiz also found out the picture can turn green if the contrast is below 38

I also notice on mine like on your pic the few vertical large bandes but haven't caught this effect in-game as far I have checked, the thin vertical bars are the most problematics

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyd119 View Post
    This is my PG278Q monitor, odd coloring as well as messed up backlight. I also have the lines that show up when i move the slider. The side that is brightly lit is the side that isn't affected.

Name:	IMG_0130.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	117.3 KB 
ID:	42648

This is my PB278Q with the same pixel inversion test. Everything seems to be fine.
    If I do that I don't have problems too because you don't see the taskbar and you cannot scroll, but if instead you remove the fullscreen, you should notice vertical lines passing over the bottom slider and Windows taskbar

And if you move that slider left/right right/left frequently you should see lines too on the picture

//edit:Ha so PB278Q my bad, I didn't notice you were showing another monitor so it may not have that issue guess you got it
    Last edited by class101; 10-27-2014 at 12:02 AM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Here is a closer look of what is happening, managed to record my taskbar showing vertical lines as it is the best reliable place I could find to reproduce the problem, notice in the video below the green pixel lines, they are the one I'm able to see

In the video I'm minimizing/maximizing repetitively the browser test (explained previously) to show the lines (better seen in the video)

Zoomed taskbar without vertical lines:

Zoomed taskbar with vertical lines:

Zoomed taskbar Video:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4d...d5azJNMEU/view

You clearly notice some lines of pixels are no more colored uniformly, when the pixelized picture is shown, some are colored green and they are gone when the picture is hidded, this is the vertical lines effect zoomed to max I can

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast