Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
    ROG Member Array

I have this vertical stripes problem too. When I got it (september 2014? give or take a few months), I noticed it immediately, but of course people who don't even have the monitor were spouting canned answers like "try a different cable" which wouldn't matter since the signal is digital and not analog, or they think that I am seeing things / am crazy, or "try a different power brick", or "try a different video card or driver". Nah, the problem lies in the panel itself.

Even TFTCentral's review shows these vertical lines in their blurbusters testing segment.

Anyways, I just purchased an acer 1440p 144hz "IPS" screen, so the vertical lines will go away, and I will get better colors and view angles. Anyone want to buy my PG278Q? :P

BTW, reference picture of the stripes I'm seeing.

Last edited by ssateneth; 05-01-2015 at 08:39 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Looks strange indeed. But aren't those lines only visible on ghosting surfaces? Or do they even appear when not ghosting? I mean the Swift is supposed to have minimal ghosting so I don't see how a game like World of Warcraft is blurry like that.
    Unfortunately I'm not interested in the Acer myself.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Serious View Post
    I can see a bit, but I have to bring my eyes to like few inches away from the screen to notice anything, and since my head is usually around 3 feet away I do not notice anything. Asus's other 27inch 1440p monitor's seems more apparent though. Go to around 10 min mark on that video .
    Woah wtf!? That screen is downright broken. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the camera. As you said at the 10 min mark, if you look at the lightning of the sun you can see very obvious vertical lines. So thats how the pixel inversion issue looks on the Swift? I would not touch the screen with a 10 foot pole in that case.

ROG Enthusiast Array

In LinusTechTips video review its even worse if you forward it to the 1:11 mark, you can see very obvious lines on the right side especially when the sky is blue. I'm not sure if its just due to the camera, but if not... then the Swift is absolutely broken. Thats completely unacceptable.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Volt PC Specs
    Volt PC Specs
    MotherboardGIGABYTE G1.Sniper Z97 ATX
    Processori7-4790K 4.0 GHz
    Memory (part number)ADATA 32GB (8GBx4) DDR3/1600MHz
    Graphics Card #1nVidia Gefroce GTX 1080 w/8 GB
    Sound CardMotherboard G1 - Creative Sound Core3D
    MonitorASUS Rog PG348Q Swift
    Storage #1250 GB Samsung 850 Pro
    Storage #22TB Western Digital Caviar Black SATA-III
    CPU CoolerAsetek 550LC 120mm Liquid Cooling
    CaseCorsair Obsidian 750D
    Keyboard Corsair K70 STRAFE
    Mouse Logitech Pro
    OS Win 10
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC88U

Quote Originally Posted by PullTheTricker View Post

In LinusTechTips video review its even worse if you forward it to the 1:11 mark, you can see very obvious lines on the right side especially when the sky is blue. I'm not sure if its just due to the camera, but if not... then the Swift is absolutely broken. Thats completely unacceptable.
    The lines viable at the 1:11 mark appear to be caused by the video camera recording off the screen + the slight camera different. Your only seeing it because of the camera looking at the monitor. That effect can happen with any camera recording any monitor.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Volt View Post
    The lines viable at the 1:11 mark appear to be caused by the video camera recording off the screen + the slight camera different. Your only seeing it because of the camera looking at the monitor. That effect can happen with any camera recording any monitor.
    Allright thats really a relief.
    I'm keeping my eye on the 980 TI atm. If its a true 390X competitor card, I will buy one with a Swift, so soon I'l find out myself wheter there is anything wrong. Thing is, I'm very easy to please... so wil be surprising if a screen this expensive will not impress me.

New ROGer Array

Mine does this too and it just looks like the way the screen is constructed. The lines are especially visible when in 3D and on animated objects of certain colours.

I made a photo comparison with my old BenQ XL2410T while using 3D Vision (which is now over 4 years old and was the first 120hz LED monitor sold!). It also cost over £150 less than the Asus when new... Anyway..

As you can see from the images the pixels are arranged differently on the BenQ (top image) and they don't form lines like on the Swift (bottom). Which means your eyes don't pick up on any inversion artifacts.
    I think Asus could learn a few thing from BenQ. Even now the old BenQ screen looks better than the Swift when using 3D Vision (when viewed from the proper distance ofc), because of this small difference.

Could this be fixed with a firmware or drive update? Maybe?
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos BenQ XL2410T.jpg  

ROGswift.jpg  

Last edited by Nasher; 05-15-2015 at 12:03 AM.

New ROGer Array addicTix PC Specs
    addicTix PC Specs
    MotherboardASRock Z77 Pro4
    ProcessorIntel Core i7 3770k
    Memory (part number)16GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 Ti
    Sound CardAsus Xonar DG
    MonitorAsus RoG Swift PG278Q
    CPU CoolerAntec H2O 620
    Power SupplyBeQuiet! PowerZone 650W
    Keyboard QPAD MK-50 /w Cherry MX-Blue
    Mouse Zowie EC1 eVo
    Headset Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro /w straight cable
    Mouse Pad SteelSeries QcK+
    OS Windows 8.1 Pro x64

So I got the Asus RoG Swift PG278Q a few days ago and I notice this Vertical Lines.
    Manufacturing Date: Feb 2015

Is this a defect of the monitor or a general problem of the PG278Q ?
    This problem is god damn annoying, if this is not a defect, I'll return this monitor immediately.
    Well, I get a new one tomorrow because of a dead pixel in the right upper corner... But anyway, if this problem is still visible....... bye Swift.
    Actually, I love this monitor. 1440p + Gsync + 8 Bit TN Panel + 27" + 144Hz are just awesome... but this monitor cost ~650-700€ in germany and its just sad to see such problems like the vertical lines.
    These lines ruin the experience with this monitor and its not fun to play with it because once you see the lines for the first time, you'll always see them in games while fast motion.... EVEN in the taskbar you can see them.....
    And you can see them even more if you reduce the Hz... e.g. to 60Hz or lower.
    The lower the hz, the better you can see the lines.

New ROGer Array Nordw8 PC Specs
    Nordw8 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus Formula VII
    ProcessorI-7 4790k
    Memory (part number)Corsair Dominator 1600mhz 16Gb
    Graphics Card #1RoG Strix GTX 1080 AG8
    MonitorAsus Swift PG278Q
    Storage #1Corsair SSD Force LS 120GB SATAIII
    Storage #21TB HDD
    CPU CoolerCorsair Hydro Series H -100 i / GTX
    CaseCorsair Graphite 780T Black Edition
    Power SupplyCorsair AX860
    Keyboard Corsair K70 Vengeance Cherry MX Red
    Mouse RoG GX1000 Eagle Eye
    Headset RoG Orion Pro
    Mouse Pad Asus RoG Whetstone
    OS WIN 10 64bit

Purple vertical line

I got a big problem too, sometimes i get a purple vertical line on my Swift pg278q hrhrhr
    The biggest problem is that i got tricked with my warranty, because asus says 3 years warranty but hell ya the buyer need to know that the 3 years only starts at the producetime not a the buyingtime, thats realy f....me up because i have most of my System parts from ROG
    But this makes me really angry, i buy it on the 26.02.2015 and if i go on RMA site and put my S/N + buying date , the system says my warranty is dead WTF
    I wrote the support and i hope they are accommodating and make a ROG nerd happy otherwise im not sure if i will buy again some ROG parts!!
    I also rage my shop where i buy it, because they say yeah 2 years warranty at us BUT 3 years at the producer, but thats not the fact, the fact is that if the product stays 1 year in the backyard from the shop because of nobody buing it, 1 year of the producer warranty is away HRHRHRHR
    I hate the marketing today, i also find nothing on the carton about this, but was i find was a big yellow 3 YEARS WARRANTY Picture mhhh
    Im really pissed of, i payed a lot for my monitor and for my RIG

Ps. sry for my bad english and also that the pic isn at the right position, but you can see the purple line!!!
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos IMG_20180211_121409_647.jpg  

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8