cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Q] Rapaste CPU - warranty sticker - and CPU fan behavior

Svift
Level 7
Hello,

my problem is with CPU idle temp 55 - 70 and how cpu fan reacts to it. It´s off until cpu reaches arround 70 than starts to spin like hell. Then goes to off again. Iam using G750JZ with 208bios (latest) as my daily driver, in work and home. Its super annoying!

Also I tested the laptop dissasebled. When CPU temp is 55, cpu heatsink is barely warm. Why I cant repaste it? The warranty seal on CPU heatsing screw is kinda stupid!

So do I really void my warranty if try to repaste CPU? Because the provided thermal paste on this 2500 dolar laptop is sh1t TBH. Repasting GPU cut the furmark temp down by 12 degrees in 5min run.

I miss how my G74 was quiet and well cooled. The cooling design was so much better... 😞
4 REPLIES 4

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Sweet, I take it you checked out my thread before? What did you use to repaste the GPU? And what parts?

Being honest here, the paste used on the GPU on the die is slightly different it seemed to what was used on the VRM's though not sure. It looked dirty to me.

Did you clean out the fans? They swing open like doors.

Personally I think the warranty sticker is for the CPU warranty itself, but I may be wrong. Call up tech support. See what they say about it.

For GPU core:
Clean with technical gasoline or isopropylalcohol for clear surface and good bounding with Arctyc MX-2greese.
For RAM and etc.:
carefully clean it from that "alien sh1t" and cut out trermalpads from Alphacool Warm Conductive Pad 100x100x0,5mm.

To measure results I run furmark from idle temps for 5 mins. (room temp wa cca 25 degrees)
Witch default greese 92 degrees.
Afrer changing greese and adding thermal pads. 80 degrees

I have that laptop little over a week so I Have not cleaned the heatsinks.

Svift wrote:
For GPU core:
Clean with technical gasoline or isopropylalcohol for clear surface and good bounding with Arctyc MX-2greese.
For RAM and etc.:
carefully clean it from that "alien sh1t" and cut out trermalpads from Alphacool Warm Conductive Pad 100x100x0,5mm.

To measure results I run furmark from idle temps for 5 mins. (room temp wa cca 25 degrees)
Witch default greese 92 degrees.
Afrer changing greese and adding thermal pads. 80 degrees

I have that laptop little over a week so I Have not cleaned the heatsinks.

Svift, although you can do these things yourself, you shouldn't need to. It is Asus responsibility to make it work, not yours. You paid good money for a fully functioning laptop, and other JZ's cool just fine - you got a bad one.

You bought a brand new laptop and should expect it to work, if it doesn't, return it to the seller and get another one. 🙂

You are in danger of losing support from Asus - going into the laptop and taking it apart and futzing around with it is going to upset Asus when they get it in for RMA down the line - which is likely - you got a poorly QA'd unit with bad cooling - there are likely other problems.

I would still return it for another one, and start out with a fully functional JZ.

If you are past the return period, RMA it to Asus and let them fix it for you.

https://vip.asus.com <== create a login, register your laptop, file a Technical Inquiry with the CPU temp issues - attach a zip file of images of the measurements to support your complaint.

If you feel like you can't do either one, return to seller or RMA to Asus, what are you waring for, re-paste the CPU 🙂

hmscott wrote:
what are you waring for, re-paste the CPU 🙂

Theres a sticker "Warranty void if removed od damaged". Asus got a new one since on G73, G53, G74 and g55 barely held on and it could be removed without any damage easily. This one hold good.

No, laptop is fine, manufacturers just save a penny and uses cheapes trermal solution. Not only Asus, also MSI, Lenovo etc. I repaste my every new laptop VGA anything. Result is always the same 5 - 15% better temps.

Since G751 came out and my "Jz" is only week old I sell it and go for maxwell. I have already a customer who wants it 🙂 Only thing Iam afraid of is aavailability in Czech Republic :-(.