cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS4 And Asus Swift ROG !?

ringu
Level 7
Hey!

Does the rog swift work with Ps4? Can i use a HDMI to DP cable to make it work?

Kind regards
10 REPLIES 10

pennyboy
Level 9
ringu wrote:
Hey!

Does the rog swift work with Ps4? Can i use a HDMI to DP cable to make it work?

Kind regards

It may work but not officially supported. Are you just using the monitor for the PS4? if you are I wouldn't recommend buying the SWIFT because you are paying a lot of money for no gains of the extra features. For example G-sync, 2560x1440 and 144hz won't be any benefit for you, if you are just wanting a monitor for the PS4 you can get cheaper 60hz 27" 1080p monitors with native HDMI ports.

pennyboy wrote:
It may work but not officially supported. Are you just using the monitor for the PS4? if you are I wouldn't recommend buying the SWIFT because you are paying a lot of money for no gains of the extra features. For example G-sync, 2560x1440 and 144hz won't be any benefit for you, if you are just wanting a monitor for the PS4 you can get cheaper 60hz 27" 1080p monitors with native HDMI ports.

I actually have 3 swift rog. But I want to be able to sit at the computer while I play on my PS4. Then I just need to replace the cable between the computer and the PS4 sometimes. If it's even possible to play PS4 on a Swift.

ringu wrote:
I actually have 3 swift rog. But I want to be able to sit at the computer while I play on my PS4. Then I just need to replace the cable between the computer and the PS4 sometimes. If it's even possible to play PS4 on a Swift.

It should work, but as @Marshall@Asus mentioned, everything will be upscaled from 1080p or lower which ends up in a possible blurry view.
I'm using an AOC i2269VWM 21.5" to play PS4/PS3 on my desk, it's a perfect and cheap option and doesn't need much space.
I connected my PS4 once to one of my Dell U2412m with 1920x1200, picture quality was ok with that little upscale to match the 1200pixels in height, but with 1440pixels I think everything will look a bit blurry.
Desktop: Xigmatek Elysium | Rampage IV Extreme | i7-3960X | G.Skill 32Gb DDR3 2133Mhz|fastest Asus MarsII on the planet:cool: core 950Mhz| Kingston HyperX SSD 240Gb + 300Gb Intel 300series SSD + Velociraptor 600Gb + 3TB HDD | Enermax Maxrevo 1500W| 3xDell U2412m |
Laptop: Samsung 940X3G | i7-4500U | 8Gb RAM | 256Gb SSD | 13.3" 3200x1800 |

X-ROG
Level 15
I wouldn't buy anything over 1080p for a console to be honest. You'll have upscaling of upscaling.
I'm not sure if it even supports 144Hz displays. And even then, since the FPS is not pushing 60 in most games it would be a waste.

juantrox
Level 7
Hi mate,

I'm in a similar position although in my case I'd like to plug in my hdmi laptops to work. I've tried doing it with a passive hdmi to dp adaptor and it didn't work and then I tried using the startech adaptor (signal conveter) which is active and it didn't work. I'm gutted as I need to use the monitor as an extended screen sometimes.
Cheers!

The PG278Q doesn't have integrated resolution scaling capabilities. As a result, the GPU handles the scaling. And as far as I'm aware the graphics processor on the PS4 can't take a 2560 x 1440 input so it wouldn't work.

Hydraling
Level 7
Have tried a passive converter cable with no success. which , after reading this forum, is no surprise.

CptCodPiece
Level 7
Why the hell would you ever buy a 144hz monitor to play console, let alone a £600 + one with G sync? absolutely one of the stupidest things I have ever seen on the internet.

CptCodPiece wrote:
Why the hell would you ever buy a 144hz monitor to play console, let alone a £600 + one with G sync? absolutely one of the stupidest things I have ever seen on the internet.

What a stupid post. Why the hell would you assume he has no PC??

He clearly wants to use BOTH his pc and ps4 on the same monitor, which is exactly what I am wanting to do and the very reason I came to this article, made an account, and am now commenting.