New ROGer Array

24" 8 bit g-sync monitor?

Any chance we'll be seeing a 24" 8-bit or higher g-sync monitor?

Not all of us want to give up color accuracy for 144hz, 60hz is fine for many of us, as long as it's g-sync.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array pennyboy PC Specs
    pennyboy PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Maximus XI Hero
    ProcessorIntel i9 9900k
    Memory (part number)G.Skill 32gb Trident Z RGB
    Graphics Card #1EVGA XC Ultra GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
    Sound CardAsus Supreme FX Onboard
    MonitorASUS PG278Q Swift 27" GSYNC
    Storage #1Samsung 970 Evo 1 tb
    Storage #2Samsung 970 Evo 500 gb
    CPU CoolerCoolerMaster 360ML RGB
    CaseCorsair 900D
    Power SupplyCorsair 1200 AXi
    Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma
    Mouse Razer Diamondback Chroma
    Headset Razer Kraken Chroma
    Mouse Pad Razer Scarab - Battlefield 3 theme
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z-680
    OS Windows 10 x64 1809

Quote Originally Posted by Beshonk View Post
    Any chance we'll be seeing a 24" 8-bit or higher g-sync monitor?

Not all of us want to give up color accuracy for 144hz, 60hz is fine for many of us, as long as it's g-sync.
    Nothing has been announced, but if your happy with 27" then the ROG SWIFT PG278Q is an 8bit panel, its TN but its very good color accuracy wise. Ok it doesn't quite match a good IPS panel but its not far off and its the best TN panel I have seen color wise by a long shot.
    For me personally I would rather have 144hz, Gsync over color accuracy anyways since my home PC is just for gaming.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by pennyboy View Post
    Nothing has been announced, but if your happy with 27" then the ROG SWIFT PG278Q is an 8bit panel, its TN but its very good color accuracy wise. Ok it doesn't quite match a good IPS panel but its not far off and its the best TN panel I have seen color wise by a long shot.
    I keep reading this but honestly I find my Samsung S23A950D to have much better colours and contrast. All the colours just seem deeper and don't become faded when I try lowering the brightness.

New ROGer Array

The bit depth has very little to do with colour representation on these monitors. Modern FRC dithering algorithms are very good at representing shades that can't physically displayed without dithering. Regardless of bit depth the colour accuracy suffers on any TN panel due to viewing angle limitations (and that includes the ROG SWIFT).

What's much more important is to see a monitor with a good default colour and gamma setup, so it can display rich colours and also with a light matte or glossy screen surface that doesn't hinder the vibrancy or clarity. So far none of the G-SYNC monitors deliver that.