cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

24" 8 bit g-sync monitor?

Beshonk
Level 7
Any chance we'll be seeing a 24" 8-bit or higher g-sync monitor?

Not all of us want to give up color accuracy for 144hz, 60hz is fine for many of us, as long as it's g-sync.
3 REPLIES 3

pennyboy
Level 9
Beshonk wrote:
Any chance we'll be seeing a 24" 8-bit or higher g-sync monitor?

Not all of us want to give up color accuracy for 144hz, 60hz is fine for many of us, as long as it's g-sync.

Nothing has been announced, but if your happy with 27" then the ROG SWIFT PG278Q is an 8bit panel, its TN but its very good color accuracy wise. Ok it doesn't quite match a good IPS panel but its not far off and its the best TN panel I have seen color wise by a long shot.
For me personally I would rather have 144hz, Gsync over color accuracy anyways since my home PC is just for gaming.

pennyboy wrote:
Nothing has been announced, but if your happy with 27" then the ROG SWIFT PG278Q is an 8bit panel, its TN but its very good color accuracy wise. Ok it doesn't quite match a good IPS panel but its not far off and its the best TN panel I have seen color wise by a long shot.

I keep reading this but honestly I find my Samsung S23A950D to have much better colours and contrast. All the colours just seem deeper and don't become faded when I try lowering the brightness.

PCM_2
Level 7
The bit depth has very little to do with colour representation on these monitors. Modern FRC dithering algorithms are very good at representing shades that can't physically displayed without dithering. Regardless of bit depth the colour accuracy suffers on any TN panel due to viewing angle limitations (and that includes the ROG SWIFT).

What's much more important is to see a monitor with a good default colour and gamma setup, so it can display rich colours and also with a light matte or glossy screen surface that doesn't hinder the vibrancy or clarity. So far none of the G-SYNC monitors deliver that.