ROG Member Array

Angry Marvey - Instability

exactly the same with me, with bios 0603 didn´t have that prob, after that problems with restarts.

ROG Member Array

i have been having blue screens too, i am not a expert overclocker, and i dont want to do manual overclock since i dont understand nothing about it. So i bought this board and a i7-5960x with 64gb of ram Crucial ( i need this amount of ram because i am a 3d arch viz artista doing 3d renders all the time) so i started my pc, and went to the board to do the auto overclock to 4.4ghz (everything automatic i didn´t change nothing) and seems my computer get unstable after i start streessing the cput with 3d renders, just get "The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000124 (0x0000000000000000, 0xffffe0019d459028, 0x00000000bf800000, 0x0000000000000124). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 102114-21515-01." i tried to change it to 4.2ghz same thing, only way is to put it at 3.5ghz to get stable, this piss me off because it was a expensive board and i was thinking with the automatic overclock to 4.4ghz everything was ok, i got another pc 4930k with another asus board with the automatic overclock to 4.4ghz and never got any problem. i updated the bios already to the 0801 problem continue... btw i saw some ppl telling after updating the bios we should "clear the cmos" how i can do it? is there a option in the board?
    thank you

p.s temperatures are ok stressing the pc max temperature i got from the cpu was 62º (i have a watercooler inside the box)
    Last edited by Marvey; 10-24-2014 at 01:32 PM.

Hello

The auto overclocking feature is based on the average of testing a large number of CPUs. If your processor is below average you will need to manually add the necessary voltage for stability. For fully auto overclocking that will take these variances into account a board such as the Deluxe with configurable overclocking settings is a better choice.

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array

Quote Originally Posted by Marvey View Post
    i have been having blue screens too, i am not a expert overclocker, and i dont want to do manual overclock since i dont understand nothing about it. So i bought this board and a i7-5960x with 64gb of ram Crucial ( i need this amount of ram because i am a 3d arch viz artista doing 3d renders all the time) so i started my pc, and went to the board to do the auto overclock to 4.4ghz (everything automatic i didn´t change nothing) and seems my computer get unstable after i start streessing the cput with 3d renders, just get "The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000124 (0x0000000000000000, 0xffffe0019d459028, 0x00000000bf800000, 0x0000000000000124). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 102114-21515-01." i tried to change it to 4.2ghz same thing, only way is to put it at 3.5ghz to get stable, this piss me off because it was a expensive board and i was thinking with the automatic overclock to 4.4ghz everything was ok, i got another pc 4930k with another asus board with the automatic overclock to 4.4ghz and never got any problem. i updated the bios already to the 0801 problem continue... btw i saw some ppl telling after updating the bios we should "clear the cmos" how i can do it? is there a option in the board?
    thank you

p.s temperatures are ok stressing the pc max temperature i got from the cpu was 62º (i have a watercooler inside the box)
    In addition to what Praz said, here's the ROG Overclocking Guide For Core i7 5960X, 5930K & 5820K to help you fine tune your overclock.

Hello

Posts moved.

Hello

You're welcome.

ROG Member Array

sorry i dont understand, you mean the board asus delux has a beter auto overclock for more cpus? i bought this one thinking this was more expensive because of course is more powerfull and the auto overclock was better... i thanks the link for manual overclock but i dont want to do it, since i just dont understand nothing about overclocks, dont have time to learn or to kill my cpu playing with it, i was just expecting to have a "mature" auto overclock with this board. I know it is nice to know how to do manual overclocks for sure i will get much more then 4.4ghz with the autooverclock but as i said before wasn´t my intention to learnhow to overclock when i payed for this board, since the board comes with auto overclock should work, so why exist this feature? my other pc worked so well with the auto, 3 years ago my other pc same thing, now i payed more and just cant use a workable overclock without learning how to overclock? sux..
    Last edited by Marvey; 10-24-2014 at 10:17 PM.

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array

The problem here isn't the motherboard. It's your CPU. Simply put, it is below par and requires a higher voltage than your average CPU. In your case, all you have to do is go in the BIOS and increase the voltage that was assigned by CPU Level Up. It's not rocket science.

Perhaps your previous CPU was in the average or even above average category. That's why it worked with the auto overclock.

ROG Member Array

thanks for the info Chino, may i ask where i should change that voltage? and how much? i am asking because there is so many options in the board to change settings i am a bit lost.. anyway i am curiouse will Asus in future bios updates suport a better auto overclock for this CPU too? i7-5960x?
    for sure there are many ppl like me who dont understand nothing about overclocking... thanks