CPU CoolerNZXT Kraken X61 280mm
    CaseCorsair Airflow540 Artic White
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNova 1200 P2
    Keyboard Logitech G-19
    Mouse Logitech Proteus
    Headset Logitech G430
    OS Windows 8.1 (W7 Classic shell)
    Network RouterNetgear AC1900 Nighthawk

My issues do not compare here but the first time I tried to power up new build with this monitor I got the black screen,unplugged...reseated everything...and nothing.Switched my brand new Displayport cable back to the stock one and Whalla!No problems since,go figure.

ROG Member Array

Just a update for you guys. I've been in contact with Asus support team and they say it is no problem to RMA the product but unfortunately I do not live where I bought the monitor originally so it is no longer covered under the warranty so I have been told that I will need to pay for the repair myself unless I am willing to ship it to the country of purchase on my own expense.
    I would lie if I said that i'm not disappointed that a premium product from Asus does not come with a world wide warranty.

Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hiwaf View Post
    Just a update for you guys. I've been in contact with Asus support team and they say it is no problem to RMA the product but unfortunately I do not live where I bought the monitor originally so it is no longer covered under the warranty so I have been told that I will need to pay for the repair myself unless I am willing to ship it to the country of purchase on my own expense.
    I would lie if I said that i'm not disappointed that a premium product from Asus does not come with a world wide warranty.
    It's usually wise to check warranty stipulations prior to purchasing a product. I don't know of many if any consumer products of reasonable value that have worldwide warranty - it isn't that surprising.

New ROGer Array

Had the same issue as OP. I decided to purchase a power supply off ebay for $20 instead of dealing with the crappy ASUS rma process and not having my monitor for weeks. New power supply is working fine (I've had it for a day).

I will never buy another ASUS product again. Bad QA and customer service is a terrible combination.

ROG Member Array

I am having same issue. Monitor often going off in Standby, and needing to be unplugged and plugged back in to restore power. Not good enough ASUS - this was a thousand dollar monitor! And the response from an ASUS rep in this thread is to say "too bad, no warranty help" is not encouraging.

ROG Member Array

Confirmed here as well. It's something strange with the power supply, disconnecting it from the monitor will not be enough. You need to psychically remove the power brick from the wall then reconnect it and the monitor will work.
    Thank god I found this problem now and not later as I was about to order 2 more swifts.

Can someone confirm that the monitor will work if you get a new PSU ?

New ROGer Array

Hiwaf yeah I got a new power supply and I no longer have to unplug the power supply to turn the monitor on. Your test with disconnecting the power supply from the monitor but not the wall proves that it is the power supply that is the problem. You could try get it replaced with ASUS but the rep that I talked to insisted on me bringing my whole monitor in. Not worth it. Rather spend $20 on a new one. My new power supply specs are a little different to the stock one but work:

Input 100-240V~2.0A 50/60Hz
    Output 19V 4.74A

ROG Member Array

Can anyone confirm if this is only on 240V or both 110/240V supplies? I have 240V power myself.

ROG Member Array

anju: Thanks for the reply. I will call Asus support on Monday and ask if they can send me a replacement cable but I doubt I'll have any more luck than you. Needless to say I am disappointed with Asus. By now they should have figured out that it is a recurring problem (I have found many other threads describing the same fault) and offer customers that have a faulty power supply a new one like many other companies have done in the past.

ROG Member Array

Update: Asus will not RMA the power supply instead I will have to send in the monitor and got told that if they do not find anything wrong with it they would charge me for the RMA. That being said I know now for a fact that there is nothing wrong with the monitor. It is the power supply!

Needless to say I am disappointed with Asus for not being able to help me out and that I will never buy another Asus ROG product again.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast