Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    New ROGer Array

So, does replacing the power supply fix the problem? My first Swift would power on the backlight, but only display a black screen after sitting turned off for a long period of time, like overnight. Rebooting the computer fixes the problem, but is a very incontinent and annoying solution. I have since received my second Swift monitor and it is having the same problem. Is it possible that I got two bad power supplies? Should I buy a "genuine ASUS replacement" or a generic one?

For anyone curious, this is why I RMAed my first Swift monitor. Check out the videos too:
    https://plus.google.com/117475453833...ts/8Xzma4Aj71Z

I have had the second Swift monitor for less than 6 hours and it has already flickered a few times-- nowhere near as bad as the first Swift... yet.

MrCoder- I think I am having the same issue as you. In response to your post, On the first Swift I used the hub for charging my phone. So far, I have not plugged anything into the hub on the second Swift and it has the same problem as the first. I doubt using the USB hub caused the problem.

I don't know if the flickering is related in any way to not powering on after being turned off for a long time. I figured it was probably worth mentioning it, just in case.

Edit: SPEAK OF THE DEVIL!!! Just moments after making this post the second Swift flashed a black screen, then came back blurry. Luckily, restarting the computer restored the picture to normal.
    https://plus.google.com/117475453833...ts/FBZpHt1Qkkt
    Last edited by sparkplug188; 02-10-2015 at 06:10 AM.

ROG Member Array

So after playing hell at Asus support and not getting anywhere I created an RMA directly. Within 24 hours I got a call to say a new power supply would be shipped out to me on Monday. I now have the new power supply and it has a completely different plug on the monitor end (Its not bent) and a completely different model number but the same voltage ratings!
    Working fine now but I have yet to leave my monitor to go in to standby.

The new model number is "EXA1202YH", the old one was "ADP-90YB B", here is a pic of old v.s. new...
    http://i.imgur.com/ja3uHz1.jpg

Will update with (hopefully) good news in the morning when I boot my PC up from standby.

Edit : Also does not seem to get anywhere near as hot as the old one.

ROG Member Array

Hey MrCoder how did you get them to just send the power supply, they made me send back my monitor just to get the new power supply. Annoying

ROG Member Array

Well, turned my PC on this morning and the monitor powered up instantly! The new PSU completely fixes the issue!

Scraggers, not sure if you are from the UK, but I mentioned trading standards. That or I just got lucky?

ROG Member Array

Second day and monitor turned on when I booted the PC up after it being on standby for 10+ hours. So yeah, new PSU completely resolves the issue.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array cekeu PC Specs
    cekeu PC Specs
    MotherboardROG RAMPAGE VI EXTREME
    ProcessorIntel® Core™ i9-7900X
    Memory (part number)GSKILL DDR4 32GB (4*8) F4-3200C14Q-32GTZSW
    Graphics Card #1Zotac RTX 2080 Ti AMP Extreme Core
    MonitorASUS ROG SWIFT PG27UQ
    Storage #1SAMSUNG SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 1TB
    Storage #2BARRACUDA PRO (8TB) ST8000DM005
    CPU CoolerCORSAIR Hydro Series™ H150i PRO RGB 360mm
    CaseLian Li PC 011 WXC
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime Platinum SSR-1300PD
    Keyboard Corsair Gaming K70 RGB
    Mouse Corsair Scimitar Pro RGB
    Headset/Speakers Edifier Studio® R1800TIII
    OS Windows 10 Pro

I encounter the same problem after 3 months of use, I just posted a claim to the technical service for ASUS

New ROGer Array

So has anyone made further progress with this? My monitor displays the splash screen logo as well, but does not display anything further. I'll be trying to get a hold of asus for a replacement power supply, but can I just buy one at best buy or something? I don't want to have to be forced to rma my whole monitor.

New ROGer Array

I can also confirm that throwing in a new PSU has completely fixed my issue (does not turn on on first power on). Saved me sending in the whole monitor for RMA although I did have to fork out for a new PSU but $30 ain't too bad. Very helpful thread. Cheers...
    Last edited by statman; 03-20-2015 at 07:41 AM.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array cekeu PC Specs
    cekeu PC Specs
    MotherboardROG RAMPAGE VI EXTREME
    ProcessorIntel® Core™ i9-7900X
    Memory (part number)GSKILL DDR4 32GB (4*8) F4-3200C14Q-32GTZSW
    Graphics Card #1Zotac RTX 2080 Ti AMP Extreme Core
    MonitorASUS ROG SWIFT PG27UQ
    Storage #1SAMSUNG SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 1TB
    Storage #2BARRACUDA PRO (8TB) ST8000DM005
    CPU CoolerCORSAIR Hydro Series™ H150i PRO RGB 360mm
    CaseLian Li PC 011 WXC
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime Platinum SSR-1300PD
    Keyboard Corsair Gaming K70 RGB
    Mouse Corsair Scimitar Pro RGB
    Headset/Speakers Edifier Studio® R1800TIII
    OS Windows 10 Pro

FSP Fortron NB 90 - 90W is what the screen need, better and more reliable than the ASUS Model: ADP-90YD B
    http://fsp-europe.com/nb-v/
    Last edited by cekeu; 06-10-2015 at 09:34 PM.

New ROGer Array

I'm having this same issue but ASUS wants me to send back the whole monitor. I'd rather just exchange the power supply - is there a way to do that?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast