Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Same issue for me and solved with the same solution, i've just bought a Laptop PSU with the same connector and the same output spec 19V/4.74A for 20€ in a local store. And since the screen power on every time.

New ROGer Array

Oh dear... this issue started for me a couple of days ago. Powered on my PC and went to switch on the Swift as usual, but nothing happened. No LED, no backlight, nothing. So took all the cables out and refitted and it worked. That happens every time I go to switch on my PC, but I have noticed that it's just the power that needs doing.

So I came on here to look for a fix. It seems pretty evident that it's the PSU at fault, even though ASUS are asking you to ship back the whole monitor, which is a PAIN... look at the size of it!

I'll have a look at the connections again over the bank holiday weekend and then may have to create an RMA.
    Last edited by DivideByZero666; 05-01-2015 at 11:00 AM.

ROG Member Array

Yep after exactly 3 months my power supply has also died. After trying to avoid an RMA with Asus as I work from home and cannot be without a monitor, Asus refuse outright to supply me a new psu until they inspect the faulty one. Fair enough if it could be done in a 24-48h hour turn around. Instead it will be minimum 5 days. So after spending alot of hard earned cash on a top of the range monitor, it will now cost me about twice as much to be without the monitor for a week. The annoying part for me is the psu is worth around AU$30 and Asus are going to cost me far more in lost income. I will now have to spend more money on a temp competitor's psu while i send mine away, if i can be bothered even sending it in... One very unsatisfied customer.
    p.s- for a laugh when i bought my monitor, I asked the poor retailer to test it in store as I had read the reviews prior to purchase. Guess what it was faulty, he had tried another 3 he had in stock that were also faulty before trying the 5th and final monitor which was working fine.

ROG Member Array

Hi Guys,

I have the same issue with my monitor, just started happening after I've had it for 7 months. If i leave it on it cuts all power and I have to disconnect the mains. If I turn it off, it turns back on.

I have a support case with Asus but I'm thinking of buying one of these after reading this forum:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/PP-REPLACEME...9V%2F4.74A+PSU

Anyone have an opinion before I do?

Thanks

ROG Member Array

Actually, this looks to be the one:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/19V-4-74A-...item485d4a7c8a

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by cheeky_badger View Post
    Actually, this looks to be the one:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/19V-4-74A-...item485d4a7c8a
    I've just gone ahead and bought that one so I'll let you know how it goes. Pathetic customer service from ASUS for these problems.

ROG Member Array

I've bought the one from ebay, so I'll let you know what happens, Asus have got back to me and said that they would replace the monitor but the PSU must come from the 'retailer' which in my case is www.scan.co.uk

I'll contact scan as that sounds bogus to me, but who knows.

ROG Member Array

PSU arrived today, I've just fitted it and can confirm it powers the monitor, I'll give it a few days to see if it has cured my problem, it used to happen every night so if it doesn't do it by the weekend I think we're good to say its the PSU

ROG Member Array

Any updates Cheeky_badger? I myself have the old model adapter, and my monitor will not stay powered on with this unit. I bought a laptop charger withe same specs, but it did not resolve my issue. I'm now waiting for an adapter from Ebay that was listed as a ROG Swift adapter from Upbright.
    I'm hoping you have some good news since Asus Support just wants me to return the monitor, when I know it's probably just the adapter at this point.

ROG Member Array

Hi Nexdeus,

Indeed I do! My problem has been resolved, the monitor used to cut out every day, and now it's been fine for 4 days. The PSU I bought is listed here:

Link

Asus support told me that I could replace the PSU without sending the monitor back by calling 01442-265548, but I never did as I'm just going to keep this PSU and not mess around with the rubbish Asus models.

Hope this helps others with the same problem!
    Last edited by cheeky_badger; 07-26-2015 at 09:05 AM.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast