Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Thanks for the reply Cheeky_badger. I just got mine in today and will be testing tonight. I ended up going with the Upbright unit since it was advertised as a replacement unit for the Swift.
    Will report back later, hopefully with good news.

ROG Member Array

Can confirm, the Upbright model worked like a charm. Glorious 144hz, Gsync, and 1440p now works.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o01_s00

ROG Member Array

Never mind, I spoke too soon, my screen just went black.

ROG Member Array

Sounds like you have a different problem to the one I had, my screen never went black whilst I was using it, it just wouldn't turn on after I had shut it down, and would turn itself back on randomly.

ROG Junior Member Array

Thumbs up

well it seems i jst got the same problem with the power supply for this monitor and clearly Asus do not want to fix this issue so lets see what they do when the media get's involved I'm sure they want that attention!
    Last edited by colkem; 10-30-2015 at 06:18 PM.

New ROGer Array

I would replace the power adapter

Hi Colkem,

This seems to be a fairly common issue with the ROG Swift. It drove me to utter distraction earlier this year. The solution is to replace the power brick, the AC adapter that connects your PC to the mains electricity. Some others on this forum have used a third party adapter, though I myself used customer support and had them swap it for a new one. It's been working fine since then.

There just seems to be some issue with the manufacturing on those things.

Good luck, matey.

-John

ROG Junior Member Array

Angry SAme problem

Hey all just wanted to add my 2 cents i purchased this monitor on this date from mwave in Sydney

Order Status: Completed
    Date & Time Shipped: 14/07/2015 2:20:32 PM
    Tracking Number: JIJ03654
    Shipping Method: Nationwide Delivery
    Payment Method: PayPal

and here i am 3 months in and a + grand later and i have crawl under my uplug this monitor and then turn on the pc

clearly there a serious problem with this monitor and i think ASUS needs to be held accountable there far too many complaints here about the same issue. So i think we should ban together and stick it to AUSUS with a class action as i think that asking us to send back our monitors is a joke when clearly by all the posts I have read thus it is clear that there is as problem with the power supply and i wonder if anyone from ASUS actually has read all of these complaints and if not it is about time someone for ASUS should respond well i don't know about the rest But i did not pay over a $1000 for this thing to **** itself within 3 months so i will be contacting consumer affairs in Australia as this is bull**** any of you wankers from ASUS read you can call me onm my mobile 0404 717 907 I am not going to put up with it and if i dont get Result from ASUS them i will have no problem going to the media and making you look stupid!!!
    Last edited by colkem; 10-30-2015 at 06:27 PM.

ROG Junior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by john_pullinger View Post
    Hi Colkem,

This seems to be a fairly common issue with the ROG Swift. It drove me to utter distraction earlier this year. The solution is to replace the power brick, the AC adapter that connects your PC to the mains electricity. Some others on this forum have used a third party adapter, though I myself used customer support and had them swap it for a new one. It's been working fine since then.

There just seems to be some issue with the manufacturing on those things.

Good luck, matey.

-John

Yeah mate your right and i just $120 dollars $80 dollars of that was freight to get the power supply fom Amazomn but that is not the point is ASus are aware of this issue and are not doing anything about it they are sticking their head in the sand mate it is bull**** and now they just released the 279 is it gonna **** itself too but thanks we all are feeling the pain and John i want to thank you for your reply
    Last edited by colkem; 10-30-2015 at 06:25 PM.

New ROGer Array

Quite alright

That's quite alright, Colkem. It caused me considerable grief so I can fully sympathize with you. As it turned out, the courier that ASUS used tried to replace the power adapter twice for me, and would not cancel the delivery despite two phone calls to them, one to ASUS customer support and an E-mail to both explaining that they had already replaced the adapter and it was all working fine now. Not an ASUS support complaint but just another hassle associated with the monitor, lol.

While it's definitely frustrating, particularly as you've stated alrready for a monitor which costs so much, your complaint (or class action) will have more credibility if you hold back a little on the bile and anger, there. I agree that it's infuriating and I've been there myself, it's horrid, but IMO I think they're probably going to listen more to someone who seems reasonable and is asking for help and possibly an investigation into the production standards for this component.

After all, aside from the power adapter, the monitor has performed beautifully. Games play like silk, the acreage is huge, it's just that pesky AC adapter, like an Achilles heel. But yes, I think that bringing it to their attention is an excellent idea.

-John

I'm also a victim.. This is confirmed, power issue caused by the adapter, not the monitor.

My wife happened to exchange power cord also with adapter so no more gaming for me until they send it back.. Do not trust women on tech.
    Asus GTX 980 Strix OC III Intel Core I7-4790K 4GHz III Maximus VII Formula
    Corsair Vengeance Pro Rot 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 2133 MHz III Rog Swift PG278Q

True wisdom is in knowing you know nothing

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast