Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Same PSU issues for me - Beware of ASUS Support!

Same annoying power issue for me. Started in October 2015. Monitor Manufactured 2014.

Logged an RMA with ASUS on October 15th and have had nothing but problems with them. They have kept stating that a PSU is on its way and I should be patient.

I have constantly chased this and finally had to log a complaint with RMA Complaints. After they got involved and a total of 50 days, yes 50 damn days had passed they sent me out a GENERIC KETTLE LEAD! Not even a clover leaf on that would fit my broken PSU!

I have been back to them and the only answer I got was they are sorry and they are investigating the solution to my issue.

This was enough for me so I Tweet @ASUSUK and got a decent response and apology from them, they have been really helpful and have managed to sort out the useless support people and I now have a PSU arriving this afternoon. Of course I will have to see what is actually in the parcel when it arrives.

So, in total 62 days have passed since I opened the RMA.

Awesome job ASUS!

If my parcel does not contain a PSU expect me to arrive at your office with a boot full of Kettle Leads and Bricks!

UPDATE:

I received a PSU today, it is the same dodgy revision ADP-90YD B and it is USED, it's not new. So if someone has already used this for 6 or 7 months I could only have a month of use before it craps out again!

The RMA Support team have stated I had to wait so long due to stock issues which they have only just told me at the end of 62 days! It's also a bit of a contradiction as I have received a USED PSU!

Awesome!
    Last edited by Lucifer976; 12-17-2015 at 03:26 PM. Reason: Update

New ROGer Array

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by MrCoder View Post
    So after playing hell at Asus support and not getting anywhere I created an RMA directly. Within 24 hours I got a call to say a new power supply would be shipped out to me on Monday. I now have the new power supply and it has a completely different plug on the monitor end (Its not bent) and a completely different model number but the same voltage ratings!
    Working fine now but I have yet to leave my monitor to go in to standby.

The new model number is "EXA1202YH", the old one was "ADP-90YB B", here is a pic of old v.s. new...
    http://i.imgur.com/ja3uHz1.jpg

Will update with (hopefully) good news in the morning when I boot my PC up from standby.

Edit : Also does not seem to get anywhere near as hot as the old one.
    Lucky you! I've waited 62 days with ASUS telling me a PSU was on its way and today I receive a USED ADP-90YD B! Great I wonder how long this one will last?

At least the Power Cord was brand new.

ROG Member Array

hello.
    same here. after 1 year of using this monitor i had to unplug my monitor PSU before turning it on (pc 24/7 on).
    so - one week of this issue and i bought new PSU - white energy 19 volt, 3.95 ampere, plug 5.5 x 2.5 mm, PN: 04108 (if you google part number, you can easily buy this). after buying new psu (around 20 euro), my problems gone.
    so FU asus peace of noobs. thanks for ****ty stock monitor psu .
    merry xmas all !

New ROGer Array

I'm also experiencing the same problem as the OP. Had my monitor for 1 year and around 2 months ago the same issue occurred. Not what i expect from a premium priced monitor.

Seems like poor QC on the PSU's for these monitors.

ROG Member Array

I've also had this problem for quite a long time now (since I got the monitor) and finally had enough of it.
    I have to crawl under my desk to plug/unplug the PSU every time I want to start/shutdown my computer which is ridiculous.

I did contact ASUS support to RMA only the the PSU, although I wanted them to send out a replacement before I posted mine back so I wouldn't be without a computer for work (I don't have another monitor).

They would not post one out which I was really annoyed about since it's one of the more expensive monitors on the market and their engineers obviously got something majorly wrong with this particular PSU.

It is sad that ASUS have terrible after-sales customer service because I had a lot of respect for the ASUS brand before these issues.

I was considering purchasing another 2 of these monitors for a triple display setup but probably won't do this now.

I've just purchased the EXA1202YH model with the same specs which others seem to have had much more luck with, so I'm hoping that resolves the problem once and for all. I does means I'm an extra £40 out of pocket on top of what was already a pricey purchase.

I did consider getting the cheaper Whitenergy PSU but didn't want to risk causing damage to the monitor although I know it probably would have been fine.

Just for ease of others in the UK finding a quick solution to this you need a PSU/AC Adapter with the following spec:

Input 100-240V~2.0A 50/60Hz
    Output 19V 4.74A
    Connector: 5.5mm*2.5mm

The connector size is obviously important so don't mistakenly order the wrong connector which could be quite easy to do (I did previously).

I purchased the official ASUS model with these specs which appears to be a new version of the one supplied with the monitor:
    http://www.pcpartsonsale.co.uk/asus-...d-p-74191.html

I also considered this which is slightly less amperage but use at your own risk:
    Whitenergy 04108-UK AC Adapter:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Express-Part...tenergy++04108

New ROGer Array

Thanks for your input Kempain, appreciate the link for UK users. I also contacted ASUS support for an RMA, I'm pretty much in the same situation as you crawling under desks etc.

I think you made the right choice by using the manufacturer part rather than the 3rd parties. It's a lot of cash to repair if the cheaper product damages the monitor, Its not a cheap monitor to start with.

Asus should take note that its these type of incidents, they have the potential to damage brand reputation and It's clear in this case as you were considering additional sales which Asus may now loose to competitors.

I've been a big fan of Asus products and regularly bought hi end motherboards and paid premium prices, Ive been lucky until recent when my rampage motherboard blew which I replaced with another Asus mainboard. and now plagued with the monitor issue which I hope Asus will resolve.

It would be good to get feedback of others who do risk the third party product based on It's cheap price though as It really shouldn't be down to consumers to shell out when they pay a premium price.

Let us know how you get on with the new supply unit.

Regards,

ROG Member Array

Ok, so it appears that UK link I provided above is actually a company based in China (sorry about that).
    Should have expected / looked at the website a bit better!

I did receive the AC Adapter today although it is model PA-1900-42. This appears to have the same specs, so I'll be trying it out tonight once I get home from work and will let you guys know how I get on. A bit disappointed it's not the same model they advertised on their website and I may raise this with the company, but if it works then I will be glad to not have to crawl under my desk any longer!

Really annoyed at ASUS for all this nonsense! This product (mostly their lack of decent support) has definitely spoilt their brand for me and I mentioned as much in a survey they asked me to do lately.

Fingers crossed this works so I can forget about it for a while.

I still want to do triple monitors at some point (most likely towards the end of this year) but will probably be looking at other brands. Also considering going away from ASUS for my GPUs should I decide to upgrade those in the near future too.

Basically ASUS probably lost a good customer, as I would have purchased 2 more of these monitors and probably 2 of their Matrix GTX980 Tis.
    I also currently have the Rampage V Motherboard that isn't without its issues but that could be due to so many other things I can't be bothered to spend the time finding out why right now.

When you work in IT, the last thing you want to do when you get home is troubleshoot more. All I want to do is get me some headshots!

ROG Member Array

Update: Success!

My monitor now turns off and stays off on its own (so far anyway).

Would recommend that company even though they are in China as they did email me to apologies for late dispatch.

Fingers crossed it stays fixed...

New ROGer Array

Started having random issues, when monitor & PC is off.
    With monitor turned off with the power button at the rear it would randomly keep turning itself back on & display the ASUS logo then go back to sleep.
    Then keep repeating approx once an hour of more.

I also previously had an issue that sorted itself of a black screen at power on, though it was the display cable.
    Anyway just ordered an ASUS laptop original charger 19V 6.32A, 120W with 5.5x2.5mm plug, the 4.74amp ones where out of stock.
    Will see how it goes.
    Last edited by CAMS1303; 02-10-2016 at 12:40 AM.

New ROGer Array

NEW power supply arrived 24 hours ago, issue of monitor turning on after being shut down from the rear switch have gone along with then turning on from sleep state. This is all while the PC is shut down. The power supply I removed was quite hot.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast