Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
    ROG Member Array

I'm using a Manhattan Slim 95W Notebook Power Adapter and it works fine, 19.47v, i got my replacement asus adaptor today but it reads 20.01v, can someone measure their working ones voltage with multimeter, it should be 19-19.2v? Should i rma the new one again since the voltage is too high?

ROG Guru: White Belt Array Dave6479's Avatar

God Dammit!! That's me just coming up to a year on owning this monitor and now I'm getting no life on the first boot. Started yesterday morning with system starting up fine but with a dead screen, on unplugging then plugging back in monitor kicked in and started up but has happened a couple of times now. I knew straight away what it was because of the posts here, will read through this thread but looks like the power blocks on it's way out but good to know a Notebook Power adaptor does the trick.

At least this garbage power block is external!
    I7 4770K @ 4.6GHz, Custom Water Loop
    Asus Maximus VI Extreme-Z87, BIOS 1603
    EVGA GTX 780ti SLI x3, Vulkan 356.43 Skyn3t VBIOS
    Corsair Vengeance Pro @ 1866MHz, 16GB
    Samsung 850 250GB SSD (OS)
    Samsung 840 120GB SSD
    Corsair GT 120 SSD
    Corsair Performance Pro 128 SSD
    OCZ Vertex4 120 SSD
    PSU EVGA SuperNova 1300W
    ASUS Swift PG278Q 144Hz G-Sync
    Oculus Rift DK2 + Leap Motion
    Windows 10 64-Bit Insider Build 14271

New ROGer Array DrunkMonk74 PC Specs
    DrunkMonk74 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus X99 Deluxe
    Processori7-5960X
    Memory (part number)64Gb Hyper X Fury 2133MHz DDR4
    Graphics Card #1EVGA Titan X
    MonitorAsus ROG Swift PG278Q
    Storage #1512Gb Samsung 850 Pro
    CPU CoolerNZXT Kraken X61
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Luxe
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1200i 1200W PSU 80+ Platinum
    Keyboard Logitech G13
    Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core
    Headset AKG K702 Anniversary Pro
    Mouse Pad Roccat Taito Control
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64
    Network RouterNetgear Nighthawk R7000

New PSU from China!

Quote Originally Posted by Kempain View Post
    Ok, so it appears that UK link I provided above is actually a company based in China (sorry about that).
    Should have expected / looked at the website a bit better!

I did receive the AC Adapter today although it is model PA-1900-42. This appears to have the same specs, so I'll be trying it out tonight once I get home from work and will let you guys know how I get on. A bit disappointed it's not the same model they advertised on their website and I may raise this with the company, but if it works then I will be glad to not have to crawl under my desk any longer!
    Thanks for the link. I ordered from the same site and I've received the same PSU with the same model number (PA-1900-42) and it seems to be working fine. Now able to turn on the monitor after a long break without having to unplug the PSU from the wall socket. Fingers crossed it continues to work.

Same as you though, it was a little late in being dispatched, but once it had it arrived quickly enough.

Drunk

ROG Member Array

Hi! I faced the same problem with the screen not turning on after restart and wake up from sleep mode until I've updated the firmware of my Asus GTX970. Now, all problems are gone. The readme notes of the Asus GTX970 firmware also indicates that it fixes problems with certain screens.

ROG Junior Member Array

Just an update on this issue my second power brick just died I searched around and found this https://www.laptopplus.com.au/Asus-A...px?prodid=1258

these guys are in Aus delivery was within one day of being shipped.

Hope this helps someone.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8