cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help with Front Base Installation + CM Trooper case

SonInEm
Level 7
Hey guys, I've got a CM Trooper case, Formula VII and the Front Base. The Trooper case has a built in fan controller on the top. You plug the fans directly into it for it to work. Which leads me to the question. I get that in order for the Front Base to control the fans properly that all my fans need to be connected to my Formula VII first. But can I use the Front Base AND the Trooper case's built in fan controller at the same time? If so, how?

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5

GGHOOST
Level 7
Hi no you cannot. In order to control the fans with front base you need to connect then to the motherboard and then in bios set the settings for q-fan to auto.
I have the same motherboard and also front base but in the corsair 780t and the corsair also have a 3 stage fan controller.
So you have to choose.

I have just set the fans I ai suite so they run automatically 😄

SonInEm
Level 7
Thanks buddy.... here's another one, There is one black/black 2-pin wire on the Storm Trooper that has no label on it... where does that go on the motherboard?

GGHOOST
Level 7
The only wire i can think of with 2 pins are for the case front panel connectors which goes at the lower right corner on the your motherboard

OR see post 4 on this website

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2499441

GGHOOST wrote:
The only wire i can think of with 2 pins are for the case front panel connectors which goes at the lower right corner on the your motherboard

OR see post 4 on this website

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2499441

I think they're talking about something else? This is just an unlabeled motherboard connector, looks just like a PWR connector. Confused.

Mosc_007
Level 7
I had one of those cases. Bought a XL-ATX motherboard and that case is one of the few that take it. Very nice case but air flow was limited with a top radiator.

Anyway. Their are two plugs from the built in fan controller to each fan. The 2 pin one is for Fans that have seperate LED wiring. The original fans that came with the case had 2 plugs on each fan.

Charles
| 5930k at 4.4 Ghz | Rampage 5 Extreme | Corsair 4 x 4 GB 2666 Mhz | GTX 980 x 2 in SLI |
| 512 GB SSD x 2 in Raid 0 | Corsair 1000 Watt PSU | Corsair 900D Case | 90 Inch DLP Projector |
| Custom Water. 1 x 360 Rad, 1 x 420 Rad. CPU + 2 GPU's Water cooled |