cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Computer only force boots..restart always says overclock failed

lovemyreds
Level 7
Hey guys new member to this site..

Guys have had a ongoing battle with my PC since i built it...The computer will not boot from either a cold boot or from just powering it on..It just hangs with everything running..Only way to get it out of hanging is.. to hold power button for few seconds....powers down...Then power again to restart then it always goes to Bios ...Will also not boot coming out of bios it just hangs.Only way to make windows run is to Force it in the Bios "Boot Override"..Then it will enter Windows and runs perfectly..But again once you shut it down and try to restart it just Hangs and i have to do the same routine again..

Also every time it leads to bios with the same message "Overclock failed" i have tried everything on "AUTO "XMP" i make sure ram voltage is correct Amount..And no matter what it always says "Overclock failed" it will not accept any over clocking cause it always fails no matter what..i am running DDR4 3000 And its running at DDR4 2133 speeds cause it wont accept any save anything higher.. this has happened on Every bios version including i am running 0801 version right now and still happens... LED Display shows 6D when its hanging ..Running a raid 0 Config with Samsung pro series 512gb and always shows health array..Thanks for any help guys

Intel 5820
G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3000 PC4-24000
Gtx 980 in 2-Way sli
Pc Power & Cooling Silencer MK iii 1200Watt
Samsung 840 proseries SSD 512gb Raid 0 stripe
Corsair H105
Asus Phoebus sound card
Nzxt phantom 820
Windows 8.1 64 bit
31 REPLIES 31

Chino
Level 15
Please update to the latest BIOS. You can find the file linked in my signature. Download it, decompress it, put it on an USB pendrive and update your BIOS through the EZ Flash Utility.

Will do and TY for reply

Updated to 0802 bios and same exact results as prior bios

I see on the led code on the board 6D displays when it hangs like it does...and also the Led light for ram lights up..and sometimes the boot Led light lights up while hanging also...but when i do force it to boot and. I do get into windows...it runs fine..and no led lights are displayed..so weird

Chino
Level 15
Increase your VCCSA alittle. Since you're running 3000MHz RAM, perhaps the auto value that the motherboard assigns to your VCCSA isn't sufficient. This usually happens when you get a below average CPU.

I tried raising the cpu voltage to 1.5 and same results

Chino wrote:
Increase your VCCSA alittle. Since you're running 3000MHz RAM, perhaps the auto value that the motherboard assigns to your VCCSA isn't sufficient. This usually happens when you get a below average CPU.

From experience VCCSA only helps BD codes, BF i get from bad overclock settings, I have also seen 6D which i get when trying to OC my memory.

Have you tested your system with only 1 stick of memory you may have a bad kit?

yes tried that..Even bought different memory to see if it was that and same resluts