cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G20aj swap gpu/mem/

Wishmaker
Level 7
Hey Guys,

I hope someone can help me out with some info.

What is the MAX MEM i can put in it the G20AJ 16G?
Can I upgrade the GPU from 760 to 970

Bogdan
14 REPLIES 14

toronto699
Level 13
its better to post in the general hardware forum as not many do not read the GR= Series Forum I have a G30AB

toronto699
Level 13
its better to post in the general hardware forum as not many do not read the GR= Series Forum I have a G30AB " General Hardware Tweaking Over clocking Forum"

thanks!

X-ROG
Level 15
No part is upgradable sorry. It's designed to be as compact as possible, which means everything is tightly packed. It's also very specifically designed around the power supplies bundled. Trying to take it apart is very difficult and will void the warranty.

A GTX 980 version is in the works.

MarshallR@ASUS wrote:
No part is upgradable sorry. It's designed to be as compact as possible, which means everything is tightly packed. It's also very specifically designed around the power supplies bundled. Trying to take it apart is very difficult and will void the warranty.

Any idea when it will become available?

MarshallR@ASUS wrote:

Not true but opening the case voids warranty.
Asus ROG PG348Q Black 34" 3440 x 1440, 100Hz Curved IPS G-Sync 21:9 WQHD Gaming Monitor
2x ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 8GB ROG STRIX OC Edition in SLI

So I bought a G20aj with a GTX745, I want to upgrade this to the GTX 780, where would I buy this card and the double power adapter to power it, Mine only came with 1 power brick? I dont mind voiding the warranty. Thanks in advance.

Bodycount69
Level 9
Wishmaker wrote:
Hey Guys,

I hope someone can help me out with some info.

What is the MAX MEM i can put in it the G20AJ 16G?
Can I upgrade the GPU from 760 to 970

Bogdan

If you YouTube this there's Asus representative there saying t yes you can upgrade GPU and Memory but opening the case voids your warranty.
Asus ROG PG348Q Black 34" 3440 x 1440, 100Hz Curved IPS G-Sync 21:9 WQHD Gaming Monitor
2x ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 8GB ROG STRIX OC Edition in SLI

toronto699
Level 13