cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS Strix GeForce GTX 980: Pulled off websites

handleR
Level 7
Newegg just took it off their website. Amazon moved from a first party seller to a third party.

What's going on here? Is there a recall? Yield issues? I've been waiting over a month for this card to come back in stock.
14 REPLIES 14

handleR
Level 7
They took it off the site though. If it was out of stock, it would say "OUT OF STOCK".

handleR
Level 7
Please provide a direct link to where you took that screenshot. Because the Strix is not on Newegg's site anymore.

handleR wrote:
Please provide a direct link to where you took that screenshot. Because the Strix is not on Newegg's site anymore.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121905

If I search "gtx 980 strix" or "asus gtx 980" or even the model number, it says "0 results found". So I'm not sure how you found that. Regardless, if you take a look at that link, it says "This item is currently out of stock and it may or may not be restocked.". Now look at all the other brand GTX 980's that are out of stock. None of them say this. So again, this leads me to believe Newegg is no longer offering this card for sale.

And also, as I stated before, Amazon.com is no longer a first party seller of this card. It used to say "Sold by Amazon.com" and "Usually ships within 2-4 weeks". I know this because I checked Amazon everyday. Now, it offers links to third party sellers. Also, look at the other brand GTX 980's that are out of stock. They still say "Sold by Amazon.com".

And finally, both websites changed on the same day. Read between the lines people. It's fairly obvious something is up here. It looks like ASUS has halted shipments. I would like some answers as to why.

handleR wrote:
If I search "gtx 980 strix" or "asus gtx 980" or even the model number, it says "0 results found". So I'm not sure how you found that. Regardless, if you take a look at that link, it says "This item is currently out of stock and it may or may not be restocked.". Now look at all the other brand GTX 980's that are out of stock. None of them say this. So again, this leads me to believe Newegg is no longer offering this card for sale.

And also, as I stated before, Amazon.com is no longer a first party seller of this card. It used to say "Sold by Amazon.com" and "Usually ships within 2-4 weeks". I know this because I checked Amazon everyday. Now, it offers links to third party sellers. Also, look at the other brand GTX 980's that are out of stock. They still say "Sold by Amazon.com".

And finally, both websites changed on the same day. Read between the lines people. It's fairly obvious something is up here. It looks like ASUS has halted shipments. I would like some answers as to why.

Over here in Europe there are plenty of 970's and 980's in stock but they are being replenished quickly so stock isn't an issue.

Stock in america is always an issue mainly because europe tends to have first dibs on stock.

As for the result I got I simply typed "newegg strix 980" into google and got that page, there's nothing "between the lines" simply put in america they have trouble keeping up stock and here in europe stock arrives in bulk on a weekly basis.

Here is the list of neweggs 980's -

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100006519%2040000048%20600536050&IsNodeI...

As you can clearly see the strix is out of stock, Know why ? Because it's popular, Retailers here in europe had trouble meeting demand also, It's just a popular card and they can't make them fast enough and there isn't any conspiracy behind it.

Oh and I contacted 3 different retailers over here in europe and they all said they are expecting more strix 970's and 980's by the end of the week to top up their already well stocked strix cards, Asus also told the retailer they can't make them fast enough to meet demand.

Menthol
Level 14
handleR,
I wouldn't panic, it is hard to find any 980's in stock, I am sure there will be more available as soon as Nvidia can manufacture enough chips to satisfy the demand

X-ROG
Level 15
Overall global 980 and 970 GPU availability is very limited for short-term. US sells out fast and requires greater minimum stocking qty. If x company can only ship in 10s of units at a time instead of 100s (example only, I don't know real numbers) then some retailers refuse to stock (due to the fact it's not worth their admin time to work on 10s of products).