cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No post on new Rampage V Extreme.

Xector808
Level 7
The ROG logo lights up. The Q code is 00. It powers on but just black screen. Can't get to BIOS.

I have the 24 pin ATX cable in. I have the 8 pin power plugged in at the top. I don't have the 4 pin plugged in. My corsair hx1000i doesn't have a 4 pin out or come with a 4 pin cable. Do both the 4 and 8 pin power sockets need to be plugged in?

Four sticks of ram in the red sockets.

Any ideas? I'm guessing I'm overlooking something stupid.
17 REPLIES 17

broncogr
Level 10
I think that for the corsair h1000i you can split one of the 8 pins to 2 4 pins.
I believe the 4 pin to be a requirement

broncogr wrote:
I think that for the corsair h100i you can split one of the 8 pins to 2 4 pins.
I believe the 4 pin to be a requirement

Sorry, I meant hx1000i. Do you mean plug in half an 8 pin cable? No, that cannot be done.

I see in the manual that there are four Q LEDs located next to the 24 pin atx socket: boot device, VGA, DRAM and CPU. None of those light up. Also there's a PCIE lane indicator led and that does not light up.

The Q-code LED that shows the two digits lights up with 00.

Just ordered a 8 pin to 4+4 power cable. I'll see if that works.

helsten2
Level 7
Post deleted
(I read H1000i as H100i) 😛

LiveOrDie
Level 11
Are there any red lights on when its powered on if there is have a look at the name above the LED. Also try pushing the button down the right hand side at the bottom it will change your bios see if it posts on BIOS2.

LiveOrDie wrote:
Are there any red lights on when its powered on if there is have a look at the name above the LED. Also try pushing the button down the right hand side at the bottom it will change your bios see if it posts on BIOS2.

Yes there are red lights on when it is powered on. The Republic of Gamers logo lights up, the LED with 00 lights up. The bios light selecter is on. The start and reset buttons light up when it is not on but plugged in to power. The lights on my H80i CPU cooler go on. I don't know what you mean by name above the LED.

I've tried both bios, no luck.

theMoP
Level 7
strange...the hx1000i comes with two 8-pin (4+4) cpu power cables (one 650mm long, and one 800mm long)

Xector808
Level 7
Ok I just realized the two 8 pin cables that came with the power supply can be split.

I've plugged in the 4 pin but still no post.