MonitorROG Swift PG279Q
    Storage #1960 EVO M.2
    Storage #2BarraCuda 3TB SATA
    CPU CoolerMaingear EPIC 180
    CaseMaingear Shift
    Power SupplyAX860i
    OS Windows 10 Home (64)

960 EVO not found

I'm having a similar issue with a 960 EVO - reset to optimized defaults, powered down and installed 960 into the M.2 slot and removed the other drive, but can't find the M.2 SSD anywhere. Neither BIOS nor Windows' device manager shows any sign there's a drive installed in the M.2 slot. I've tried disabling CSM, deleting secure boot keys, setting to Other OS, and booting up from a Win 10 UEFI USB drive...nada, no M.2 drive detected.

Any suggestions? I'm wondering if I may just need to RMA the 960, but it seems more likely I'm just missing something obvious.

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array

From what you mentioned, I'm guessing you already have a HDD/SSD with an OS, right? Try looking into Disk Management and see if the Samsung 960 EVO shows up there.

New ROGer Array Dr. Lecter PC Specs
    Dr. Lecter PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage V Extreme [BIOS 3402]
    Processori7-6800k
    Memory (part number)HX430C15PB3K4/16
    Graphics Card #1GTX 1070
    MonitorROG Swift PG279Q
    Storage #1960 EVO M.2
    Storage #2BarraCuda 3TB SATA
    CPU CoolerMaingear EPIC 180
    CaseMaingear Shift
    Power SupplyAX860i
    OS Windows 10 Home (64)

Quote Originally Posted by Chino View Post
    From what you mentioned, I'm guessing you already have a HDD/SSD with an OS, right? Try looking into Disk Management and see if the Samsung 960 EVO shows up there.
    I do, and it doesn't (nor does Samsung Magician recognize the 960). Since nothing I've tried recognized there's even an M.2 drive installed (and I've repeated the physical installation a couple times just to be sure the connection was good), I'm at a loss as to what it could be other than a bad 960.

If you have access to another motherboard, try testing your drive on it. Or maybe take it over to a friend's PC. That's the only way to know for sure if the drive is DOA.

ROG Member Array fpex73 PC Specs
    fpex73 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)MBP 15 retina
    MotherboardAsus Rampage V Ed. 10
    Processori7 6900k
    Memory (part number)Trident Z F4-3200C14Q-64GTZSW
    Graphics Card #1EVGA Hybrid FTW 1080
    MonitorSamsung LC34F791WQUXEN + Wacom Cintiq 24HD Touch
    Storage #1Samsung 960 EVO 1Tb
    Storage #2HGST 500Gb + WD 750 GB HDD
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i
    CasePhanteks Primo SE
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1500i
    Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Chroma
    Mouse Razer Mamba
    Headset M&J MJ2
    Mouse Pad Razer Firefly
    OS Windows 10
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC68U
    Accessory #1 LG BH16NS55 BD Burner
    Accessory #2 Wacom Intuos Pro M wireless

I have the opposite problem. I places the 960evo first and it works wonderfully ... but I cannot see any sata drive of any sort!

ROG Enthusiast Array JOSHSKORN PC Specs
    JOSHSKORN PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage V Extreme
    Processor5960X
    Graphics Card #1GTX 980

I do not see any nuts in my motherboard box, nor the box that my M.2 drive came in. Can someone explain to me what I need to buy and where?

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by JOSHSKORN View Post
    I do not see any nuts in my motherboard box, nor the box that my M.2 drive came in. Can someone explain to me what I need to buy and where?
    If there wasn't any m.2 nut and screw with the motherboard which it should have been in with the accessories I would call Asus support and ask them to send you some. I don't believe you can buy those off the shelf at a hardware store or Homedepot. If they can't help then write back and I will see if I can measure them then see if McMaster-Carr may have the standoff I don't remember seeing any that small on their website but I would be willing to research them for you if Asus isn't willing to help but I bet they will. You might check eBay to see if you can get them from a vendor out of China. Let me know how you make out. * *Later.....Bitman *

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by fpex73 View Post
    I have the opposite problem. I places the 960evo first and it works wonderfully ... but I cannot see any sata drive of any sort!
    if it's a new blank sata drive that hasn't been partitioned yet then it needs to be initialized just click on help and enter initialize hard drive and the instructions should be available if not most likely there will be a link to the right place if you can't find it write me back and I will find the link to get you to the right place. *A new drive won't show up in file explorer or disk management until it's initialized, formatted, and partitioned. Hope this helps. * * * * * Later.......Bitman*
    Last edited by bitman; 02-02-2017 at 09:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JOSHSKORN View Post
    Did you check the box thoroughly? The nut & M.2 screw come in a small plastic bag. Also check your motherboard. Maybe they come pre-installed already.

Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast