Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32
    ROG Guru: Grand Master Array

The M.2 screw should come pre-installed on the standoff. On your second image, I cannot see clearly if the screw is present.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Chino View Post
    The M.2 screw should come pre-installed on the standoff. On your second image, I cannot see clearly if the screw is present.
    I take these shots while mp pc was running.
    https://prnt.sc/js14om
    https://prnt.sc/js14zv

Theres no screw installed on my mobo.M2 SSD hangs there as you see...

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array

Thanks for the new images. I can see it clearly now. If you've lost the screw, you can get one from Amazon.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Chino View Post
    Thanks for the new images. I can see it clearly now. If you've lost the screw, you can get one from Amazon.
    Thx for the replies,i even dunno what m2 screws before my SSD broke.Then i bought a 970 EVO and surprisingly i havent attached it to the screw which -you say-must be there but in reality its not on the mobo.

ROG Member Array

I have a PC with a rampage v extreme motherboard with 5960x processor. He always worked well with my old ssd, a sata connected samsung 850 pro 512 gb. Now I have removed that SSD and put a nvme samsung 970 pro 512gb in it. I also have a 500gb wd 1tb wd, a 2tb wd and a hgst 4tb Harddisk. Now the following problem is visible if I want to install Windows 10 on the 970 pro, I get a bsod during the installation with the following message: machine check exception. I came through the Windows setup properly and then it starts up again and starts configuring the device when it is finished. Then it starts up again and I get the bsod with machine check exception. If I turn off the sata controller, I can install Windows 10 on the 970 pro without bsod. If I have installed Windows 10 with the sata controller off and then turn it on again when Windows 10 is on, again I get that bsod with machine check exception. If I hang back my old SSD and get the NVSE SSD out then I can install Windows 10 without bsod.

What I have already done is put the latest bios on it ver 3902.
    Replaced Sata cables
    All hard drives tested no errors.
    Memtest is also good
    The 970pro works fine in other PCs in combination with sata disks
    When I install Windows 8.1 I get the same bsod

What else is in the PC
    STRIX-GTX980-DC2OC-4GD5
    32GB memory 4x 8GB corsair 2800mhz
    ax760i power supply corsair
    asus bluray burner on sata

If I have to post bios settings, I can do that.

Who knows what is going on here and how I can use my Samsung 970 pro in this PC in combination with my sata hard disks?

ROG Junior Member Array

Not work for me, no see option seting M.2 withc bios, use SSD 970 pro, bios ver 3902

any help?

Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32