Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Hi guys,

sorry to chime in so bluntly but I have a question regarding my graphic card setup and my M.2 SSD.
    I installed successfully a XP941 and have 4 graphic cards on the mobo. First three slots are
    occupied with nvidia 780 gtx cards which will be used for cuda rendering and on the last one
    I have a gtx 610 planned to drive my display. In the help of the rampage v it's stated that the last pcie
    slot will turn into a pci_x4 as soon as a M.2 is installed. But this graphic card isn't recognized at all when
    my M.2 is on. As soon as I am turning off the M.2, my graphic card is recognized by uefi and windows.
    Any setting I have to turn on to use the 4th pcie slot and my m.2 ssd? Thanks in advance.

Hello

What CPU do you have?

ROG Member Array

Sorry, forgot to add. It's the 5960X.
    The GTX 610 is this one here: http://www.zotac.com/products/graphi...fications.html

Hello

Did you change the setting to M.2 instead of Auto in the motherboard's UEFI?

ROG Member Array

Yes I did that, otherwise I couldn't have installed Windows on that m.2 drive.
    My bios version is 603.

Quote Originally Posted by Yadr View Post
    In the help of the rampage v it's stated that the last pcie slot will turn into a pci_x4 as soon as a M.2 is installed.
    Yes I did that, otherwise I couldn't have installed Windows on that m.2 drive.
    My bios version is 603.
    Hello

Your first post was not clear that the correct setting was manually applied. Have you confirmed that graphics card will properly function in a x4 PCIe slot?

ROG Member Array

How can I confirm that?
    I mean the 780s are working with X8,
    so the rather simple and small gt 610 should work in a x4, right?
    Thanks for looking into this.

Hello

I'm not sure. I don't have a 610 here to test with.

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array

Hi guys,

sorry to chime in so bluntly but I have a question regarding my graphic card setup and my M.2 SSD.
    I installed successfully a XP941 and have 4 graphic cards on the mobo. First three slots are
    occupied with nvidia 780 gtx cards which will be used for cuda rendering and on the last one
    I have a gtx 610 planned to drive my display. In the help of the rampage v it's stated that the last pcie
    slot will turn into a pci_x4 as soon as a M.2 is installed. But this graphic card isn't recognized at all when
    my M.2 is on. As soon as I am turning off the M.2, my graphic card is recognized by uefi and windows.
    Any setting I have to turn on to use the 4th pcie slot and my m.2 ssd? Thanks in advance.
    The PCIE_X8_X4 slot shares bandwidth with the M.2 X4 slot. When one is occupied, the other will be disabled.

ROG Member Array

But this here is also stated on the specs about the rampage v:

The PCIE_X8_4 slot shares bandwidth with M.2 x 4.
    40-LANE CPU: The PCIeX8_4 slot can only be used in x4 mode or lower when used simultaneously with the M.2 connector. If x8 mode is used, the two connectors will be mutually exclusive.

So it should work.

Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast