cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AI Suite 3 - DIP 5 - AUTO mode ignored after reboot

timelapse
Level 7
I'm running Dual Intelligent Processors 5 with a 5960x and Asus x99e-ws. I have set up the Turbo App functionality for my daily content creation programs. For this to work, DIP needs to be set to AUTO in the top right of the UI. Works great.

However, every time the machine is restarted it defaults to PERFORMANCE, not AUTO.

Any ideas how to save this setting as default?

I called Asus tech support and spoke to 2 reps who didn't know a single thing about AI Suite 3. Awful tech support experience. Come on, Asus...

Thanks in advance.
2 REPLIES 2

p_delray
Level 7
I also have this problem.

This Turbo app in Dip5 is a strange thing. I have to set the main power formula to Auto to make it work and if I reboot it goes back to Performance and all settings in Turbo app are reset. Also if I select a game in Turbo app and settings at default the cpu freq goes from default of 3700 down to 3600 while in game. This happens no matter how I set manual in Turbo for that game. I tried to set manual to 4000 but when game starts it still reduces to 3600?

Does this actually work for anyone here?

Clintlgm
Level 14
Yes I can confirm that my Z97 Pro board Win 8.1 Pro 64Bit does the same. It seems to actually be a software glitch. Asus would hopefully give us a patch to fix it?
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro