cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible RMA time.

nbisby
Level 7
Bought an R9 280X platinum matrix at launch
Card was broken when I got it. Worked when I underclocked it to reference memory speeds.
Waited a few months to RMA as I couldnt afford to be without a dedicated graphics card.
They messed up my RMA and it took a few weeks to get my card back.
Still having issues, i inquire "what was wrong with it" -- No changes were made:
Memo PRODUCES VIDEO CORRECTLY THROUGH ALL PORTS. PASSED MULTIPLE BENCHMARKS WITHOUT ISSUE. NO TROUBLE FOUND.

This was after I had sent them many screenshots and videos of insane amounts of texture corruption. They knew there was an issue and didn't investigate further, rather they mailed it back to me broken. So I spent 2 weeks without a graphics card just so they could send it back unaltered.

Then the ASUS representative I was working with spent a month getting back to me. He says "oh sorry, I was on vacation."

Then he says he'll test my card for me more thoroughly, if I ship it to them again. I request cross-ship. He says sure, but they need to get more stock first. Takes another month. They test it. "Good to go" now...

Now I just gotta print out and sign the cross ship forms and be ready to pay the return shipping.

This is completely unacceptable. Only accepting physical signatures in 2014? I dont have a printer to print it out with, nor a scanner/fax machine to get it back to them with if I did. I had no problem doing a cross ship RMA with evga without a signature almost 10 years ago. Have I gone back in time? (They also did it 100% free, the first time around)

Also, why should I have to pay ANYTHING to get this resolved. If they had fixed my graphics card the first time around, everyone would be happy right now. This is 100% their fault right now, and I had bought an ASUS ROG product thinking this was top tier quality product and assumed I would also be getting top tier customer service.

When I asked for an explanation, the rep advised me to just keep my broken card and cancel the RMA if I didn't like it.

Is there a special place you have to go in ASUS in order to get quality customer service and get things actually fixed? Or should I just sell this card and get a few evga gtx 980s?
7 REPLIES 7

Praz
Level 13
nbisby wrote:
I dont have a printer to print it out with, nor a scanner/fax machine to get it back to them with if I did.

Hello

UPS stores, Office Max and similar stores have these available for use for a nominal fee.

nbisby
Level 7
Out of curiosity, do you happen to know why I need a printed physical signature? Ive done plenty of cross ship RMAs with other companies that had no such requirements.

I feel like I'm having to jump through unnecessary hoops when it would be simple to just have this sent to me. ASUS would have my credit card on record, its not like something shady is going on. I have a broken card, I want it fixed, and it has taken MONTHS to even get to this phase. This is the worst customer service I've ever received from a tech company.

Is there a phone number I can call to sort this out and give verbal confirmation and give my information through?

Praz
Level 13

Thats the link I followed that earned me a regular RMA and my graphics card being returned to me without being repaired which is why I'm absolutely furious about this in the first place.

The phone system asked me for a rep ID, and then hung up on me when I didnt have one. WTF is going on at asus that I cant' get ANY support from anyone.

Where did you buy your R9 280X Matrix?

nbisby wrote:
Thats the link I followed that earned me a regular RMA and my graphics card being returned to me without being repaired which is why I'm absolutely furious about this in the first place.

xD
Sounds wierd, they sent you the exact same graphics card back? no refurbished one?

nbisby wrote:
The phone system asked me for a rep ID, and then hung up on me when I didnt have one. WTF is going on at asus that I cant' get ANY support from anyone.

Welcome to Asus support, there's nothing more to say.
Desktop: Xigmatek Elysium | Rampage IV Extreme | i7-3960X | G.Skill 32Gb DDR3 2133Mhz|fastest Asus MarsII on the planet:cool: core 950Mhz| Kingston HyperX SSD 240Gb + 300Gb Intel 300series SSD + Velociraptor 600Gb + 3TB HDD | Enermax Maxrevo 1500W| 3xDell U2412m |
Laptop: Samsung 940X3G | i7-4500U | 8Gb RAM | 256Gb SSD | 13.3" 3200x1800 |

jrmcdou
Level 10
I would love to buy a couple of the new Ares cards but there is no way I would spend that much money with such horrible customer service and RMA process. Has to be about the worst in the industry. I've had good experiences and fast turnarounds with Newegg, EVGA and Dell.
Rampage VI Extreme bios 1503
Core i9 7980XE @ 4.4ghz all cores
64 gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3600
2x RTX 2080 Ti FE NvLink/SLI
2x Samsung 970 Pro 1tb NVME
Corsair AX1600i
Corsair 1000D case
1x Dell U3818DW 38" Curved Ultrawide and 2x Dell S2716DG 27" 1ms GSYNC 2560x1440 144 hz
Win 10 Pro x64