cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current BIOS setting does not support boot device - G30 can't start help please!

johnsonac87
Level 7
Hi,

So here is the computer I bought a couple months ago and which has, until now, been working flawlessly:

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/asus-asus-g30-gaming-pc-intel-core-i7-4770k-3tb-hdd-16gb-ram-...

Upon startup, I get the ASUS splash screen and then an error message stating:

The current BIOS setting do not fully support the boot device. Press F1 to enter the BIOS startup

It then instructs me to adjust the CSM (Compatibility Support Module), whatever that is, and which I have done but to no avail.

Any help for this computer newb would be much obliged as I have a portfolio presentation and this is my home computer for editing. Thanks!
5 REPLIES 5

johnsonac87
Level 7
I forgot to mention my computer froze and I got blue screen windows 8 error Critical Process Died. I am Refreshing my computer in hopes it will help.

toronto699
Level 13
johnsonac87 for quicker response post in the forum "General hardware and over clocking" as many do not read the G series forum. Post in the "General Hardware forum" as well , did u make a recovery USB , if so use it to recover your system,,, but please post in the other 2 forums for faster response , I have G30AB to , what bios caused this?

Jokelo
Level 7
Did refreshing help? If not, might be faulty hdd.

toronto699
Level 13