Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Results 41 to 48 of 48
  1. #41
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    11

    Removing the battery... Probably a bad idea

    I perfectly understand the concern of some people owning a laptop with a non-user serviceable battery. But would you want to sacrifice its entire portability for the sake of constantly being plugged in?
    I know this is a gaming laptop and is supposed to be always plugged for a maximized gaming experience, but I'm pretty sure most don't just own it for gaming: There's work, studies and pretty much all stuff requiring the use of the laptop anytime, anywhere.
    Just my 2 cents, I was just passing by because this thread came to my search bar (for some reason xD). I'm a proud owner of the GL552VW and the removable battery is... Heaven.

  2. #42
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    10

    Unhappy performance issues after removing battery

    Good Morning,

    So i just discovered this thread last night and translated the guide someone made. I followed every instructions cleary and assembled it again after removing the battery.
    The issue for me is after doing this i have an fps drop in dota2 (20 fps drop) and csgo (30fps drop) , I play on both with max settings.

    Is there any settings i need to change or did i touch something in the mobo by mistake? also i overclocked my g751jl already to +150 / +374 offset and the max temp i was getting before removing the battery was only °66.


    I will try to remove the overclocking later and see if it changes anything, also every setting in the advance power options i have already tweaked.



    Sorry for reviving this thread but any input would be helpful

  3. #43
    ROG Guru: Green Belt Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Reputation
    8
    Posts
    513

    Quote Originally Posted by maru321 View Post
    Good Morning,

    So i just discovered this thread last night and translated the guide someone made. I followed every instructions cleary and assembled it again after removing the battery.
    The issue for me is after doing this i have an fps drop in dota2 (20 fps drop) and csgo (30fps drop) , I play on both with max settings.

    Is there any settings i need to change or did i touch something in the mobo by mistake? also i overclocked my g751jl already to +150 / +374 offset and the max temp i was getting before removing the battery was only °66.


    I will try to remove the overclocking later and see if it changes anything, also every setting in the advance power options i have already tweaked.



    Sorry for reviving this thread but any input would be helpful
    you know that when overclocked, the system need the battery because the adapter cant transfer enough power!

  4. #44
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    10

    Unhappy sad

    Quote Originally Posted by warryabel View Post
    you know that when overclocked, the system need the battery because the adapter cant transfer enough power!

    removed the overclocking. still getting the same fps

    my main point is i'm getting lower fps than my normal fps ( before overclocking ).

    what you are trying to say is its normal to lose performance when removing the battery and going straight to the Adapter power?
    Last edited by maru321; 08-02-2016 at 09:54 AM.

  5. #45
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by vesak View Post
    G751 works fine without battery! Tested it, no efficiency problems.
    did you change something in particular?

  6. #46
    ROG Guru: Green Belt Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Reputation
    8
    Posts
    513

    Quote Originally Posted by maru321 View Post
    removed the overclocking. still getting the same fps

    my main point is i'm getting lower fps than my normal fps ( before overclocking ).

    what you are trying to say is its normal to lose performance when removing the battery and going straight to the Adapter power?
    possibile? i think yes when using modded vbios...

  7. #47
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    10

    Red face solved

    Quote Originally Posted by warryabel View Post
    possibile? i think yes when using modded vbios...
    This may sound weird but yeah the issue was resolved after the windows 10 anniversary update. I'm back to my overclocked fps before


    http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/13367885


    and the benchmark results also came back to my orig overclocked results.


    Thanks for the time anyways .

  8. #48
    ROG Member Array empire3010 PC Specs
    empire3010 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G751J
    MotherboardAsus ROG Strix Z490-E
    Processori7-10700K 5.2GHz
    Memory (part number)Corsair 16GB 3200Mhz Vengeance RGB
    Graphics Card #1Asus GTX Strix 1660TI
    MonitorAsus Rog Swift PG279QE
    Storage #1Samsung 850 Evo 500gb
    Storage #2Crucial MX500 1TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i PRO
    CasePhanteks Pro M Tempered Glass
    Power SupplyCorsair RM850x 80 PLUS Gold,
    Keyboard Logitech G510
    Mouse Razer Naga Trinity
    Headset Astro A40
    OS WIndows 10 Pro, X64
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC5300

    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    16

    Hello,

    Where do you buy the battery from? I'm looking to get one but can't find one.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •