cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ETA ASUS ROG Matrix Platinum 970/980

Kalorean
Level 7
Hey Guys,

the Strix have just arrived and they seem to be well-engineered cards as expected. However I was wondering, whether U guys are planing to release Matrix Platinum versions of the 970/980.

I wanted to buy the AresIII but i didn't want to upgrade my whole system watercooling-wise, so I 'm staying put!

Any information would be much appreciated!

Kalorean
3 REPLIES 3

ConkersGrillfor
Level 9
LMAO xD
Why don't you ask them directly to post their GPU roadmap for the coming months XD

Seriously what do you think their answer will be to your question?
Desktop: Xigmatek Elysium | Rampage IV Extreme | i7-3960X | G.Skill 32Gb DDR3 2133Mhz|fastest Asus MarsII on the planet:cool: core 950Mhz| Kingston HyperX SSD 240Gb + 300Gb Intel 300series SSD + Velociraptor 600Gb + 3TB HDD | Enermax Maxrevo 1500W| 3xDell U2412m |
Laptop: Samsung 940X3G | i7-4500U | 8Gb RAM | 256Gb SSD | 13.3" 3200x1800 |

Omfg1337RoflLOLXD11!!!11111

I was just posing a simple question. That's what one normally does on a forum, besides having to wait for answers of qualified individuals and answering borderline stupid commentaries, isn't it?

Kalorean wrote:
Omfg1337RoflLOLXD11!!!11111

I was just posing a simple question. That's what one normally does on a forum, besides having to wait for answers of qualified individuals and answering borderline stupid commentaries, isn't it?

The @ASUS guys won't give anything away, only twice a year are the big announcements made tech wise and that's at CES(coming next Jan) and Computex in June. The only exception of course being the launch of new Intel or AMD CPU's or AMD/Nvidia GPU's outside of these 2 expos.

I would hazard a guess that since it's almost November and only a couple more months until CES, an announcement on any MATRIX/MARS/ARES/POSEIDON cards will be then....it's almost guaranteed.

Plus this CES should be a good one, with Corsair's deal with Cherry MX coming to an end....hopefully there will at least be prototypes available of other Manufacturer's Cherry MX RGB Keyboards.