Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Changed the motherboard failed to activate my broduct key (N56VZ)

I wrote before that I have problem with my notebook,
    Changed the motherboard and fixed the problem perfectly.
    Now my windows not activated and I can't to activate it as before I changed the motherboard
    and when I put the product key , it shows "the activation server determined that the specified product key has been blocked
    Error 0xc004c003"

I know the problem, that the current product key not compatible with the product key that it stores in bios in the new motherboard,

any suggestions or solutions?
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos 2.jpg  

Last edited by leed80; 10-31-2014 at 03:44 PM.

AntiMatter Guru ROG Array chrsplmr's Avatar

Call the phone number you are given and do the numbers dance [[reading/then typing]]. .c.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by chrsplmr View Post
    Call the phone number you are given and do the numbers dance [[reading/then typing]]. .c.
    which number?
    please explain in detail

Super Moderator Array

Not sure if you will see it and sorry for not providing more details, but in some of the earlier Activation screens, you should normally see a way to activate by telephone (for those people that are unable to connect to the internet to activate) if you want to try to resolve it this way.

Otherwise, curious if the motherboard was replaced by the repair office (you didn't do this yourself I assume?) and if you have discussed with them, but unfortunately, it may be necessary to return the notebook to the repair office to fix this if you can't find a better way.

Good luck!

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by chrsplmr View Post

Quote Originally Posted by cl-Albert View Post
    Not sure if you will see it and sorry for not providing more details, but in some of the earlier Activation screens, you should normally see a way to activate by telephone (for those people that are unable to connect to the internet to activate) if you want to try to resolve it this way.

Otherwise, curious if the motherboard was replaced by the repair office (you didn't do this yourself I assume?) and if you have discussed with them, but unfortunately, it may be necessary to return the notebook to the repair office to fix this if you can't find a better way.

Good luck!

Yes, I tried to activate by phone and gave him 54 numbers, after that he told me the numbers are unknown and send me to one of staff to speaking,
    He told me you must to contact to the OEM manufacturing to help you

I contacted with ASUS by email through this link: https://vip.asus.com/VIP2/Services/Q...orm?lang=en-us
    since 3 days ago,but no responding as usual,

Is there any effective method to contact with them and request the help???
    And what do will they request from me?
    Last edited by leed80; 11-03-2014 at 07:55 PM.

Super Moderator Array

Quote Originally Posted by leed80 View Post
    I contacted with ASUS by email through this link: https://vip.asus.com/VIP2/Services/Q...orm?lang=en-us
    since 3 days ago,but no responding as usual,

Is there any effective method to contact with them and request the help???
    And what do will they request from me?
    If the ASUS Repair office replaced the motherboard for you, there is another step they need to perform to allow the notebook to activate.
    If they forgot to do this, you normally need to return the notebook to solve this, so hopefully it can be arranged.

Otherwise, you can try to contact your local ASUS support, but it's probably better to work with the repair office if possible.
    Hopefully you have an ASUS RMA number (also tell them the repair location/country if ASUS support is not located in the same country) to provide to ASUS support if you haven't already?

http://www.asus.com/support/callus#

ROG Enthusiast Array

If the ASUS Repair office replaced the motherboard for you, there is another step they need to perform to allow the notebook to activate.
    If they forgot to do this, you normally need to return the notebook to solve this, so hopefully it can be arranged.

Otherwise, you can try to contact your local ASUS support, but it's probably better to work with the repair office if possible.
    Hopefully you have an ASUS RMA number (also tell them the repair location/country if ASUS support is not located in the same country) to provide to ASUS support if you haven't already?

http://www.asus.com/support/callus#

Ohhhh, There is not ASUS support in my country and this is difficult to send it again to United Arab of Emirates,
    I think no need to return the notebook to Emirates to give me the product key,
    Do we can solve the problem by phone or live chat?
    will give them any information they need it, like current product key, serial number of motherboard and serial number of HDD
    are these enough?
    I hope that
    Last edited by leed80; 11-03-2014 at 10:14 PM.

Super Moderator Array

Quote Originally Posted by leed80 View Post
    Ohhhh, There is not ASUS support in my country and this is difficult to send it again to United Arab of Emirates,
    I think no need to return the notebook to Emirates to give me the product key,
    Do we can solve the problem by phone or live chat?
    will give them any information they need it, like current product key, serial number of motherboard and serial number of HDD
    are these enough?
    I hope that
    Yes, if your notebook was repaired in United Arab of Emirates, hopefully you can inform them or ASUS support of the situation to find some resolution?
    The repair office should be able to find your rma number from your notebook serial number or other information, but if possible, you may want to provide it when necessary.

I assume you are still using the original ASUS Windows image if it came with the unit? If necessary, check Windows System Properties to see if the ASUS logo appears and the link for ASUS Support information as well.
    Depending on the region, it may be possible your store did not sell the system with the ASUS Windows image and installed or sold their own copy too, so one more thing to check.

Anyway, please let us know how it goes for you. Thanks.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Yes, if your notebook was repaired in United Arab of Emirates, hopefully you can inform them or ASUS support of the situation to find some resolution?
    The repair office should be able to find your rma number from your notebook serial number or other information, but if possible, you may want to provide it when necessary.

I assume you are still using the original ASUS Windows image if it came with the unit? If necessary, check Windows System Properties to see if the ASUS logo appears and the link for ASUS Support information as well.
    Depending on the region, it may be possible your store did not sell the system with the ASUS Windows image and installed or sold their own copy too, so one more thing to check.

Anyway, please let us know how it goes for you. Thanks.
    just tell me what does RMA No. mean.? and how to find it in my notebook?
    I want to be ready when they ask me to provide them any information.

Attached for you picture of the Windows System Properties.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11.JPG 
Views:	2 
Size:	111.5 KB 
ID:	42860

Super Moderator Array

The RMA number is really just the 'repair number' or reference number used by the repair office for record-keeping, so you will not see it in your notebook.
    If you received any paperwork after the repair, there will normally be an RMA number listed, but they should really be able to find the RMA number from your notebook serial number and information too.

Thanks for the screenshot and looks like you are using the ASUS Windows image at least.

Have you also clicked on the 'View Details in Windows Activation' in your screenshot to see what it says?
    You may also want to pass along this information to the repair office when you talk to them.

Good luck!
    Last edited by cl-Albert@ROG; 11-05-2014 at 05:09 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast