cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery - What to do and what not to do - Question

navis995
Level 11
Hi!
I recently got Asus G750JZ and I am wondering if I am doing this right or should I change it and if so what?

When I play games I put my battery OUT of the laptop as the temperature destroys it first.
When I am at home or somewhere where I can have constant electricity I have it plugged it without the battery.
When I am somewhere where I do not have the option of plugging it somewhere I of course have it on the battery and then when I stop using it, which usually happens around 20-10ish % I plug it in to 100% and then put it out as I go and plug it into electricity again and use it till I am going to be without one and be forced to use the battery again.

Now I am wondering. Is this ok or should I change something?

Thank you for the help.
Asus Rog G750JZ
Screen: 1920x1080 17.3'
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4700HQ (3.4Ghz @ -70mV)
GPU: GeForce GTX 880M 4GB (OC +125Mhz Core, +600Mhz Memory @ 1.062V)
RAM: Samsung 32GB 1600MHz
Storage #1: Samsung Evo 840 250GB
Storage #2: Samsung Evo 850 500GB
Storage #3: Seagate Barracuda 2TB
Storage #4: Samsung Evo 128GB MicroSD
2 REPLIES 2

hmscott
Level 12
navis995 wrote:
Hi!
I recently got Asus G750JZ and I am wondering if I am doing this right or should I change it and if so what?

When I play games I put my battery OUT of the laptop as the temperature destroys it first.
When I am at home or somewhere where I can have constant electricity I have it plugged it without the battery.
When I am somewhere where I do not have the option of plugging it somewhere I of course have it on the battery and then when I stop using it, which usually happens around 20-10ish % I plug it in to 100% and then put it out as I go and plug it into electricity again and use it till I am going to be without one and be forced to use the battery again.

Now I am wondering. Is this ok or should I change something?

Thank you for the help.

navis995, you really don't need to keep pulling the battery in / out, it isn't making any difference in the life of the battery - except you are wearing the contacts, release mechanism, and endangering the laptops/battery contacts by leaving them exposed to the elements.

Not to mention losing all that work when you accidentally kick out the power cable 🙂

Macbooks live with their batteries internal, and have been doing it for years. The G750 battery doesn't even get hot when on AC - even under heavy load the battery stays cool. Macbook batteries get HOT, and work just fine.

The new G751 has a non-removable battery, so Asus thinks that is ok, you should too 🙂

If you have more than 1 battery, like me when I traveled with 3 batteries, then you want to rotate the batteries through the laptop on a regular basis to keep the charge/discharge wear even across them.

So if you do use battery often, I would get at least one more battery and rotate them for even wear across both. Plus if you rely on battery for much of your use, you really need to have a 2nd battery available - I have occasionally had a battery fail and without 2nd and 3rd backup's I would have been screwed - if I needed 2 batteries worth of time every day, I would keep a 3rd battery around in case 1 died.

Asus G750 battery + 230w AC Adapter for G750JZ/JH
http://us.estore.asus.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=6392
http://us.estore.asus.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=6517

Modern charging and batteries should stay on the charger when not in use - there is no advantage to taking the battery out of the charger.

Ok 😉
I guess I will keep it in then from now on.
Thanks 😉
Asus Rog G750JZ
Screen: 1920x1080 17.3'
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4700HQ (3.4Ghz @ -70mV)
GPU: GeForce GTX 880M 4GB (OC +125Mhz Core, +600Mhz Memory @ 1.062V)
RAM: Samsung 32GB 1600MHz
Storage #1: Samsung Evo 840 250GB
Storage #2: Samsung Evo 850 500GB
Storage #3: Seagate Barracuda 2TB
Storage #4: Samsung Evo 128GB MicroSD