ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array MatsGlobetrotter's Avatar

Quality issues AND support issues - I give up on EKWB

Hi,

I bought the M6F kit blocks had them shipped to Sweden to then have my parents push them together with some other stuff via DHL to Uganda where I work and thus needed the kit.
    I was assemblying the kit when I noticed that the chipset cooler had a major issue. Effectively If I had tried to use it I would have cracked the Motherboard. luckily I noticed it in time.
    I have attached a link to a picture showing the exact issue. While the block has been perfectly tested for waterleakage clearly the quality department in terms of physical check has missed something. I analysed the issue and the space is not mounter correctly in the block. The error is however in the block itself where I found the issue to be that the threading is not done correctly neither deep enough nor straight enough. I had tried to replace the space with one from the VRM block as they have the same size but thats when I noticed the threading was not correct.

http://rog.asus.com/forum/attachment...9&d=1401030554

Since I am way to far away from Europe I surely did not want to spend money on DHL back to ekwb so I simply use the chipset block with 3 spacers at present time.

I do like ekwb line of products but please make sure the quality is up to par.

Regards,

EK Support -- Jun 6 2014, 8:02 AM
    Dear customer,

Thank you for contacting EK Support.

We are sorry for the problem reported, where were these waterblocks bought (copy of receipt)?
    Please send us pictures of the problem reported as we cannot logiin to the link that you have sent.

If you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Lep pozdrav, Kind regards, MFG!
    Peter Šajn

t -- Jun 6 2014, 3:33 PM

Hi,

I bought the kit directly from the webshop Order #140003729 - Complete it was prepaid and invoice 1402875 shipped with DHL to my parents who then DHL'd it together with other equipment to me in Uganda.

I have posted a picture now on my blog http://globetrotterlife.org/blog/ekwb-chipset-cooler/
    so you can see it.

I am shortly about to post a bigger article about the computer I put together which consist purely of ekwb watercooling products.. thus for CPU, GPU, Chipset, VRM, pump, adaptors, radiator and so forth. I have registered all my results on HWbot as the system is quite efficient with what I have used for installation. http://hwbot.org/user/matsglobetrotter/

Its probably the only computer in the whole country with such watercooling.

Regards,

EK Support -- Jun 9 2014, 1:54 PM
    Dear customer,

We are very sorry that the waterblocks was sent with the defected standoff.

We understand your disappointment and appreciate your patience for the inconvenience this must have caused you.
    There is no question that the product we shipped did not meet the very high standards our customers have come to expect and should continue to demand.

I can promise you that the highest quality standards will be met in the future because protecting our reputation for delivering the best product on the market is a key priority for us.
    In our effort to improve the overall quality of our products, could you please find in a bag with mounting mechanism a small paper with QC number on it and send me the number.

Can we send you new nickel base with new standoffs? Do you have enough experience to replace it?

Again, I apologize for our mistake and regret any inconvenience caused as a result.

We have already brought in additional staff to expedite the production.

If there is anything else that we can do to minimize your inconvenience in regard to this matter, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards, Peter Šajn

-- Jul 17 2014, 6:29 PM

Dear Peter,

I have been out on mission a few times but am now back in office. Yes please send me the nickle base with new standoffs. I can replace the top myself. The QC number I find in the box is no 43.

My address is,

Kampala
    Uganda

mobile +256

You will need to send it DHL or UPS as everything else get lost in transport.

Regards,

EK Support -- Jul 18 2014, 9:06 AM
    Dear customer,

Thank you for all the details, we will ship your package today.

Kind regards, Peter Šajn

-- Aug 13 2014, 9:03 PM

Hi was this package shipped? were and how? as i have not seen nor heard anything more

tnx

EK Support -- Aug 18 2014, 1:58 PM
    Dear Customer,

Package was sent on Thursday with posta Slovenije;RA051650257SI

Kind regards, Peter Šajn
    Less than a minute ago
    -- Today, 8:33 AM

Hi,

It is now 1 November 2014 and I have still not received any package. i dont know where it was sent to which address. neither can i find it on the slovenian postal shop tracking site.

it is also clear that my very clear instructions on shipment in this case was not followed. It has now gone 5 months since this issue started. To that effect I can only conclude that neither is the quality department doing its job nor is the support actually working.

Simply not acceptable for costly products from what is supposed to be a serious supplier. I can understand growing pains for a company for a while but this is far beyond such. Do note that i did not insist on a full complete kit but accepted as a good client for a part solution to ensure it did not burden either party more than necessary.

It started with a VIC-20... and now it is. Maximus Formula VI Intel 4770K 4.6GHz ASUS GTX780Ti 3GB Corsair Platinum Dominator 16GB 2400MHz Raid Express 240GB Samsung EVO 512 GB SSD Corsair 900D EK watercooling Corsair RM1000 ASUS PB278Q

ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array jab383 PC Specs
    jab383 PC Specs
    Motherboard24/7 rig : Maximus VI Extreme
    Processori7 4790K
    Memory (part number)16GB Mushkin Redline 2400 10-12-12-28 + 16GB Corsair Vengeance 2400 10-12-12-31
    Graphics Card #1AMD Firepro W5000
    Sound CardM6E Supreme FX
    MonitorDell U2413
    Storage #1Kingston SH103S3240G SSD
    Storage #2Seagate ST1000DM003 1TB
    CPU CoolerCustom water loop, Delidded, Liquid Metal TIM
    CaseCoolerMaster HAF XM
    Power SupplyCorsair HX-750
    Keyboard Logitech G710+
    Mouse Logitech M705
    OS Windows 7 64 Pro

Right there with you, Mats. My testbench build has very little EK content and that was bought second hand.

Jeff