cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RVE will not boot. Mobo error code 00

Margammor
Level 7
Hi all. I am running into problems. My last mobo (X99DeLuxe) had an OCP tripping issue, so I did a RMA. Could not wait and ordered asecond X99DL and a RVE (account balanced with supplier). Both mobo's give me a 00 boot error.

Checked all, changed all, changed case (to check shortening issues), checked CPU fitting, loosened Kraken X61 fitting, booted with an almost clean mobo only connections, went two bios settings back, cleared cmos and went to original bios 2 and so one and one.

Could my CPU have died from the OCP tripping in the first mobo or any tips to check more.... a new CPU i7-5960X is not my most favourable expense 😉
3 REPLIES 3

Chino
Level 15
If both motherboards are giving you the 00 QCODE then your CPU is probably dead. Are you using a new PSU as well?

Margammor
Level 7
Yes. I changed cases and PSU, so went from a Corsair AX1200i to an NZXT 1000 Hale 90 V2. I have the impession (reading some other issues on OCP on the net) that perhaps the Corsair AX series in nog a good choice. I did a pretty normal low end OC on the first mobo (4 Mhz with AI suite only), not something that should cause the mobo to go in OCP tripping mode I would say.

patrickmollohan
Level 7
May or may not be the case, but have you checked to ensure the CPU power cable is connected to the motherboard? When I built my system, I forgot to do so and spent about thirty minutes trying to debug the system with that same error code.