cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIOS not fully ACPI compatible...GRRR!!!

Mindtrick
Level 7
Receiving blue screen of death with error message: BIOS is not fully ACPI compatible. This only occurs on a restart, but does not occur on cold boot. This problem started from day one, and so I tried updating the BIOS which lead to me having to RMA my mother board. I have narrowed this down to a memory issue, because after removing two sticks of RAM, the problem goes away. No overclock yet, as I’ve not been able to get that far.

My system specs are as follows:

Motherboard: Asus Rampage V Extreme
CPU: Intel 5960X
Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 2666mhz (4x8) (Yes, this is a matched kit).
GPU’s: 2x EVGA GeForce GTX Dual Classified 780 ti
PSU: Corsair 1200AXI
SSD: Samsung 850 Pro Series 512GB

Things I have tried:

Multiple windows installations (including disk formatting).
Tried different SSD’s
Installing windows to SSD on a different machine, then putting SSD into the problematic machine.

Finally, removing two sticks of RAM, from the “B1” and “D1” slots, solved the issue, but I would really like to run with the full 32 GB’s of RAM. Sticking the two sticks back in made the problem come back. I am unable to remove the “A1” and “C1” sticks because my custom hardline cooling loop is in the way. With that said, before removing these sticks, windows shows the full 32GB’s available, and after removing them, shows 16GB’s available.

Before discovering the memory issue, my next step was going to be to buy a copy of windows 8.1, and give that a shot… although I REALLY didn’t want to do that.

I really need some help on this one, guys.
6 REPLIES 6

Counteragent77
Level 7
I would download MEM TEST and run a full test on all RAM modules.

Chino
Level 15

Mindtrick
Level 7
Yeah, I've loosened the cpu block too.

inka
Level 7
I have exactly the same problem, how did you solve it?

and also exactly the same hardware 😉

inka wrote:
I have exactly the same problem, how did you solve it?

and also exactly the same hardware 😉

Hello

The system is not stable. Properly tune the system for stability and there will be no BSODs.

thank you, can you explain "properly tune" please? I have left everything at default, what needs changing?